Unit 4 Health and Social Care External Assessment - Urgent advice/tips, please

Watch
kate_bechett02
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,

I am studying BTEC health and social care - Unit 4 which divide into Part A the research and Part B the exam. I have the mock (Part B) on the 30th of November and Part A will start next week. There are two different articles. Article 1: Health about schizophrenia patient & Article 2: Social care about a 1-day training programme for family carers that support a person dying. I choose Article 2.

I know that for Part A we have to make notes of secondary resources which I already did some of it. My teacher isn’t helping it at all so I need real help because I want at least to get a pass in the exam.

I wanted to ask if anyone is doing the mock with the same article if you have already started Part A what did you include in your notes? Where did you get the resource? I know we have to include statistics for the second research. If anyone has any useful and helpful advice/tips on how to do or improve research, please let me know as the notes are the biggest part when I will sit the exam. This is my first time doing this type of assessment and I am quite nervous.

Also, I believe we need to have lines of enquiry. If anyone has any good examples on the topic of asthma, could you please also let me know? As I'm sort of struggling with that.

Thank you to anyone for any help. I'd very much appreciate it. (Sorry if anything wasn't clear enough)
Last edited by kate_bechett02; 1 week ago
Ailysm
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by kate_bechett02)
Hi,

I am studying BTEC health and social care - Unit 4 which divide into Part A the research and Part B the exam. I have the mock (Part B) on the 30th of November and Part A will start next week. There are two different articles. Article 1: Health about schizophrenia patient & Article 2: Social care about a 1-day training programme for family carers that support a person dying. I choose Article 2.

I know that for Part A we have to make notes of secondary resources which I already did some of it. My teacher isn’t helping it at all so I need real help because I want at least to get a pass in the exam.

I wanted to ask if anyone is doing the mock with the same article if you have already started Part A what did you include in your notes? Where did you get the resource? I know we have to include statistics for the second research. If anyone has any useful and helpful advice/tips on how to do or improve research, please let me know as the notes are the biggest part when I will sit the exam. This is my first time doing this type of assessment and I am quite nervous.

Also, I believe we need to have lines of enquiry. If anyone has any good examples on the topic of asthma, could you please also let me know? As I'm sort of struggling with that.

Thank you to anyone for any help. I'd very much appreciate it. (Sorry if anything wasn't clear enough)
I wish i could help you, but im still doing unit 5. When i start unit 4, ill try my best to help you Also have you done unit 5?
kate_bechett02
Rep:
Hey, alright thank you. Yes, I did Unit 5. Do you need help with it?
(Original post by Ailysm)
I wish I could help you, but I'm still doing unit 5. When I start unit 4, ill try my best to help you Also have you done unit 5?
Ailysm
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hey, alright thank you. Yes, I did Unit 5. Do you need help with it?
Yes please, ive done learning aim A, B and C, but im struggling with learning aim D. Is it okay if you help me with it? Thank you Also, ive got the health and social book if you want to have a look at it which might help you with your unit
kate_bechett02
Rep:
Yes please, I've done learning aim A, B and C, but I'm struggling with learning aim D. Is it okay if you help me with it? Thank you Also, I've got the health and social book if you want to have a look at it which might help you with your unit
Yeah, I can help, I have done this unit last year. I got a Distinction for this unit. I attached a document that my teacher create for us to complete our assignment. It has P6, P7, M5 & D4. For P8, M6 & D3 I did group work (presentation), but unfortunately, I don't have the presentation saved on my google drive.

Hope it helps you a bit x
Attached files
Last edited by kate_bechett02; 1 week ago
HEHE112
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
is anyone doing unit 3 exam on thursday and has anyone college given them the question 5 to unit 3
Edexcel pearson
Ailysm
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Yeah, I can help, I have done this unit last year. I got a Distinction for this unit. I attached a document that my teacher create for us to complete our assignment. It has P6, P7, M5 & D4. For P8, M6 & D3 I did group work (presentation), but unfortunately, I don't have the presentation saved on my google drive.

Hope it helps you a bit x
Thank you so much. It does help a lot If i find anything about your unit, i will let you know and ill make sure its asap! thank u again
kate_bechett02
Rep:
Thank you so much. It does help a lot If i find anything about your unit, i will let you know and ill make sure its asap! thank u again
Your welcome. Alright, thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.71%
Okay (70)
29.05%
A bit lacking (90)
37.34%
Not good at all (60)
24.9%

Watched Threads