georgia2005
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I need some help with this question please as my teacher has told me to plan for it. I have already planned a paragraph around the fact that Lenin had to persuade the Bolsheviks however I don't know what else I could write.

"Lenin played a more important part than any other individual or group in the success of the October Revolution." Assess the validity of this view.
nsnsjss
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 months ago
i had the exact same question for an essay lol. any chance this is ias unit 1? bet if i fished it out i could show you my plan haha.

off what i remember your pros should be that he was a good speaker, he had planned to have the committee meeting before the revolution or something (idk i remember there was a point on good timing) and that he'd officially put the order in to start the revolution. i think his organisation of the bolshevik party by keeping it small and exclusive and appealing to workers was also key to success.

your cons are that trosky (i believe jt was him??) was the one who directed the red guards and executed the revolution, so he's also important not just lenin. there are also all the other factors like the failures of the provisional government throughout that year such as the kornilov affair or incapability to deal with the land issue, the disagreements among its minsiters etc etc.

i hope my memory is right but yeah think of it as lenin vs everything else that could have affected it and then you could conclude saying that he was significant but this significancr was dtronger only due to all those other reasons.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (8)
24.24%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (10)
30.3%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (2)
6.06%
Speaking to staff members from universities (0)
0%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (3)
9.09%
Reading articles about what steps to take (6)
18.18%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
6.06%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
6.06%

Watched Threads