Lauren1717
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
As the title suggests, very unsure about where to go, moving over from NI, does anyone have any experience at these universities?
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Lauren1717)
As the title suggests, very unsure about where to go, moving over from NI, does anyone have any experience at these universities?
Edge Hill is good for their education courses
markova21
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi. We are in Newry and my son looked at various English unis a few years ago. According to lots of posters on this forum at the time, Liverpool Hope was known as Liverpool No Hope. Don't know if its reputation has improved since then.
Last edited by markova21; 2 weeks ago
Get into Teaching
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi Lauren,

Choosing the best provider for yourself can be hard and its very easy to get bogged down with what someone else thought about a particular one. I myself did when I first went to get into teaching. I had in my mind to apply to what others thought was the best provider. However when I went on an event at a different one I had a much better experience and it was the right one for me and years later I still return to it after over 15 years of teaching. So my advice would be check out the websites that's good place to start, go to any events that are on and see if it is right for you. What are the tutors there like? Would you be able to connect with them? Visiting or just starting some connecting with them will let you know if it is right for you. Get into Teaching has a free advisory service if you don't have an adviser already visit the site and sign up for one we can help you to question and explore providers further so you can make an informed decision when choosing the right ones for yourself. Remember on the apply form you have 3 choices so you can have 3 in mind.

Hope that helps
Olivia
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by markova21)
Hi. We are in Newry and my son looked at various English unis a few years ago. According to lots of posters on this forum at the time, Liverpool Hope was known as Liverpool No Hope. Don't know if its reputation has improved since then.
I worked for them for a bit and it's a boss place. Some courses are better than others, like, but in general the standard of teaching there is very good. I have never really understood why it gets panned by people
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads