risinggibberish
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi, very stuck between Sciences Po Bordeaux and Montpellier 3 (Paul Valery) for my France year abroad. My priority is to become fluent in French but since it doesn't count towards my degree I want to take it easier on the academics (my uk uni is already quite prestigious and intense). Is Sciences Po a bad idea for this? have heard it's well repped but more intense and students less friendly. Any thoughts or advice? Thanks!
Nobody2u
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 days ago
Science Po Bordeaux would probably be more demanding than Montpellier, it's generally considered to be a better university. BUT, the social life would also be better imo, the city being far nicer. If Science Po is part of the faculté de droit it is actually slightly outside of the city centre for Bordeaux but the transport system is good. I don't know much about Montpellier and the uni , but the cost of living is slightly lower there.I'd choose Bordeaux but that's me.
Last edited by Nobody2u; 6 days ago
risinggibberish
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by Nobody2u)
Science Po Bordeaux would probably be more demanding than Montpellier, it's generally considered to be a better university. BUT, the social life would also be better imo, the city being far nicer. If Science Po is part of the faculté de droit it is actually slightly outside of the city centre for Bordeaux but the transport system is good. I don't know much about Montpellier and the uni , but the cost of living is slightly lower there.I'd choose Bordeaux but that's me.
Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (34)
31.19%
Yes - a trusted person (25)
22.94%
No (33)
30.28%
I'm not sure (17)
15.6%

Watched Threads