No luck with online dating

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
What am I doing wrong? It's been a few months since I joined a dating site but not had any luck on there yet. Guys want to meet me but none have been my type yet or have been but haven't said they want to meet yet. I was just waiting for guys to message me but I've started to be the first to message now.
LovIsrael&Haftar
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Guys want to meet me but none have been my type yet or have been but haven't said they want to meet yet.
Go for the ones in your league, know your clique and social hierarchy standing.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
What are your dealbreakers?
Do your photos show you at your best, taken in good lighting and with reasonably attractive looking backgrounds?
Does your profile give some information about your interests, background and make very clear what type of relationship arrangement you are looking for?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
What are your dealbreakers?
Do your photos show you at your best, taken in good lighting and with reasonably attractive looking backgrounds?
Does your profile give some information about your interests, background and make very clear what type of relationship arrangement you are looking for?
I don't have a profile pic which I think is why I'm not getting messaged much but everything I've included info about my hobbies etc and what type of relationship I'm looking for. I'm Muslim looking for a white guy or white revert. I put that on my profile but then took it down cos guys kept messaging asking me why I like white guys lol.
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I don't have a profile pic which I think is why I'm not getting messaged much but everything I've included info about my hobbies etc and what type of relationship I'm looking for. I'm Muslim looking for a white guy or white revert. I put that on my profile but then took it down cos guys kept messaging asking me why I like white guys lol.
You need a pfp or guys will think that you're a catfish
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Yeah, the whole no profile picture thing makes you look suspect tbh. I mean there's enough trust issues in the whole 'dating app' thing without communicating with someone who you can't even see the face of.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
The whole point of online dating is too look attractive so even if you aren't go find your best photos and put some makeup on and do your hair if you want to find someone.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
I would skip the whole online dating, its weird. Either go for the expensive ones or dont go for one at all and pray you find someone
Maxxx17
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
Online dating is certainly a good thing. Because on the Internet, of course, the number of acquaintances increases. Than in real life. But be vigilant and make only discreet encounters. Or people do not always pretend to be them. And there are a lot of fakes.
Last edited by Maxxx17; 5 days ago
Adz2042
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
You kind of need a profile picture to invite someone to open your profile and have a read of your interests / hobbies.
the wording used needs to be suggestive to encourage guys to want to reach out and message you.

Just watch the show catfish or watch first dates on the UK's channel 4 programme, to learn the introduction questions to have conversations with people
Ximim
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
I've tried online dating but I didn't like it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (137)
33.83%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.42%
No (109)
26.91%
I'm not sure (52)
12.84%

Watched Threads