The Student Room Group

A-Level History

Hello!
I just wanted to ask a question
I'm currently looking into sixth forms and seeing that as expected all my courses are different (Looking at Economics, Psychology, Sociology and History or Spanish instead of one of them if something changes in the next year since I'm Year 10)
Since I haven't done any of the first 3 subjects at GCSE I do not really care about content but History is a bit of a stickler for me, if a sixth form/college didn't offer the exact historical time periods you wanted to do would this be a dealbreaker FOR YOU?
Reply 1
The chance of a sixth form offering the exact historical time periods anyone wants is quite low so a compromise might well be necessary
Original post by EOData
The chance of a sixth form offering the exact historical time periods anyone wants is quite low so a compromise might well be necessary

True! Maybe should have phrased it a bit better - I simply meant topics that interest me just from looking at them really, although I would much rather go to a good sixth form and have a small lack of interest in history compared to going to a bad sixth form just because they let me do European witchhunts - thank you! :colondollar:
It was for me. The sixth form I'm at has a history course with topics I'm not interested in, so I didn't choose it. I prefer other subjects anyway, so it wasn't a loss.
Original post by AmIReallyHere
Hello!
I just wanted to ask a question
I'm currently looking into sixth forms and seeing that as expected all my courses are different (Looking at Economics, Psychology, Sociology and History or Spanish instead of one of them if something changes in the next year since I'm Year 10)
Since I haven't done any of the first 3 subjects at GCSE I do not really care about content but History is a bit of a stickler for me, if a sixth form/college didn't offer the exact historical time periods you wanted to do would this be a dealbreaker FOR YOU?

for me I stayed at the same sixth form and at a surface level some of the topics (Pitt to Peel especially) didn't really appeal to me - however, by doing the subject I have learned to like it and found it more interesting than I initially thought
Original post by rosy_posy
It was for me. The sixth form I'm at has a history course with topics I'm not interested in, so I didn't choose it. I prefer other subjects anyway, so it wasn't a loss.

Original post by juicygcse
for me I stayed at the same sixth form and at a surface level some of the topics (Pitt to Peel especially) didn't really appeal to me - however, by doing the subject I have learned to like it and found it more interesting than I initially thought

Thank you both! Definitely given me something to stew over :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest