Feeling depressed... but only during the night

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hi

every evening I feel an overwhelming sense of sadness but during the day I feel perfectly fine. nothing triggers this sadness so can it still be a sign of depression? does anyone else feel like this?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hi

every evening I feel an overwhelming sense of sadness but during the day I feel perfectly fine. nothing triggers this sadness so can it still be a sign of depression? does anyone else feel like this?
I would talk to a therapist about it, because how you are feeling could very well be a sign of depression. Sometimes in the night, when you are alone and nobody else is around, your thoughts become louder, and you aren't distracted by everyday things. Seek help, and it will get better, I promise.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I would talk to a therapist about it, because how you are feeling could very well be a sign of depression. Sometimes in the night, when you are alone and nobody else is around, your thoughts become louder, and you aren't distracted by everyday things. Seek help, and it will get better, I promise.
thank you for being so nice. i will look at getting help
YouAreEnough
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
I honestly feel the same asw… but I hope u get better soon, life will get better
Anonymous #1
(Original post by YouAreEnough)
I honestly feel the same asw… but I hope u get better soon, life will get better
i hope so. hope you get better soon as well
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
I get this too. I’ve learnt to know it’ll be fine in the morning which helps. But I wish there was something more to do to stop evenings being blighted like this
Honey57
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I have this and it’s kind of like SAD, where the seasons affect you. For me depression gets worse in the autumn winter time and during the long nights too.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Zarek)
I get this too. I’ve learnt to know it’ll be fine in the morning which helps. But I wish there was something more to do to stop evenings being blighted like this
Honestly honestly, talk to a therapist/psycologist!!!! I felt the same way and thought it was just normal and how everyone felt, but that wasn't the case and I'm so much happier now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (20)
8.77%
Okay (66)
28.95%
A bit lacking (85)
37.28%
Not good at all (57)
25%

Watched Threads