The Student Room Group

Feeling depressed... but only during the night

Original post by Anonymous
hi

every evening I feel an overwhelming sense of sadness but during the day I feel perfectly fine. nothing triggers this sadness so can it still be a sign of depression? does anyone else feel like this?

I would talk to a therapist about it, because how you are feeling could very well be a sign of depression. Sometimes in the night, when you are alone and nobody else is around, your thoughts become louder, and you aren't distracted by everyday things. Seek help, and it will get better, I promise.

Feeling depressed... but only during the night

Original post by Anonymous
hi

every evening I feel an overwhelming sense of sadness but during the day I feel perfectly fine. nothing triggers this sadness so can it still be a sign of depression? does anyone else feel like this?

I would talk to a therapist about it, because how you are feeling could very well be a sign of depression. Sometimes in the night, when you are alone and nobody else is around, your thoughts become louder, and you aren't distracted by everyday things. Seek help, and it will get better, I promise.
I honestly feel the same asw… but I hope u get better soon, life will get better
Reply 2
I get this too. I’ve learnt to know it’ll be fine in the morning which helps. But I wish there was something more to do to stop evenings being blighted like this
Reply 3
I have this and it’s kind of like SAD, where the seasons affect you. For me depression gets worse in the autumn winter time and during the long nights too.
Reply 4
Original post by Zarek
I get this too. I’ve learnt to know it’ll be fine in the morning which helps. But I wish there was something more to do to stop evenings being blighted like this

Honestly honestly, talk to a therapist/psycologist!!!! I felt the same way and thought it was just normal and how everyone felt, but that wasn't the case and I'm so much happier now.

Quick Reply

Latest