I feel so *****y

Watch
Sohello
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I just lost my friends ive said this about 100x times on here already

But i really thought I was getting over it but I just saw their story and it was a tiktok of ss from a group private theyve got , and they were fully posting on it and they seem happy without me and it just hurts so much bc its clear that I cared more and valued our friendship more

How do I get over this? I honestly feel so ****, and im trying to deal with it and this is so dramatic but it actually feels as tho everything in me is broken, and I just miss them so much bc I actually cared about them
Callicious
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sohello)

But i really thought I was getting over it but I just saw their story and it was a tiktok of ss from a group private theyve got , and they were fully posting on it and they seem happy without me and it just hurts so much bc its clear that I cared more and valued our friendship more

How do I get over this? I honestly feel so ****, and im trying to deal with it and this is so dramatic but it actually feels as tho everything in me is broken, and I just miss them so much bc I actually cared about them
tiktok is your problem.
No one should use tiktok :lol:
Sohello
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Callicious)
tiktok is your problem.
No one should use tiktok :lol:
No it was on her Snapchat story, I dont use tiktok
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Delete all social media apps. Trust me, life is a lot better without insta, snap, tick tock and others.
lettucegoestouni
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Delete or at least restrict the time you spend on socials. Nothing on there is real and everyone is just as miserable as you, I swear, it's just a race to see who can hide it the best.
Any time you spend on the internet, spend it on things you like. YouTube videos on topics that interest you, forums where you interact with interesting strangers, reading up on topics you like. Movies, TV shows and everything in between. The only unproductive time you spend on the internet is the time you spend on socials that give you FOMO.
Remind yourself of why the friendship fell out. It's normal to be sad, but at some point, you have to realise it was better.
Easier said than done, but you're your own best friend, learn how to be happy alone. Friends come and go, you can't let every garbage person bring you down.
Finally, you sound kinda young, friends in school fall out over stupid reasons but you'll eventually fix everything up. If they're posting ss clearly they're doing it to bother you which just shows they're still thinking about you.
Talkative Toad
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by lettucegoestouni)
Delete or at least restrict the time you spend on socials. Nothing on there is real and everyone is just as miserable as you, I swear, it's just a race to see who can hide it the best.
Any time you spend on the internet, spend it on things you like. YouTube videos on topics that interest you, forums where you interact with interesting strangers, reading up on topics you like. Movies, TV shows and everything in between. The only unproductive time you spend on the internet is the time you spend on socials that give you FOMO.
Remind yourself of why the friendship fell out. It's normal to be sad, but at some point, you have to realise it was better.
Easier said than done, but you're your own best friend, learn how to be happy alone. Friends come and go, you can't let every garbage person bring you down.
Finally, you sound kinda young, friends in school fall out over stupid reasons but you'll eventually fix everything up. If they're posting ss clearly they're doing it to bother you which just shows they're still thinking about you.
YouTube is social media but other than that I agree.
Htx_x346
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago

It's totally understandable you're upset. Trust me I bet you there's inside beef that you don't know about, and they're not as happy as it may seem. They seem happy without you so let them be. This may be harsh of me to say but they've shown you they don't care about you. Why do you feel sad that they lost you, a great friend who actually cared about them. It's totally their loss. You'll find better people than them.

PS remove them from your social media. No need to delete it like everyone is suggesting- social media is the new norm.
Last edited by Htx_x346; 2 weeks ago
halimabu
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago

its defo not easy i lost my friends like a little less than a year ago. i still feel crap too. but if they dont care about you now they didnt care before. i guess you have to toughen up about and move on. but it is nice to think about the good times once in a while.

you should distract yourself. like go out. make some random new friends.
UmamaQ
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Realise that they lost you as a friend you didn’t lose anyone. Yeah it’s gonna hurt badly I understand but you gotta wait it out some better friends will come along don’t focus on the past focus on the now and what ur doing in YOUR life
UmamaQ
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Also if you need to let your feelings out ur system tell someone or cry if you need to it’s gonna hurt your mental health if you keep it locked in.
halimabu
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by UmamaQ)
Also if you need to let your feelings out ur system tell someone or cry if you need to it’s gonna hurt your mental health if you keep it locked in.
but what if you have no one to talk to? what if you have a crappy family?
UmamaQ
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Keep a journal if you can where you can hide it just somewhere to release your feelings. Or
UmamaQ
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Can u not go to ur school counsellor
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (24)
10.13%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (7)
2.95%
Finding the time to revise (15)
6.33%
Finding the motivation (65)
27.43%
Getting distracted (44)
18.57%
Procrastination (79)
33.33%
Having the tools you need (1)
0.42%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
0.84%

Watched Threads