Taking a gap year and meet the contextual offer.Would I be considered?

Watch
Elation
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I achieved AAB in Maths Psychology English and A* EPQ and I am taking a gap year and reapplying (didn't realise I was eligible to virtually every uni and exceeded my math predictions) for Economics.

Im thinking of applying to: (contextual offers)
Durham (ABB)
Bristol (AAB)
Kings College London (AAB)
Manchester (AAB)
Sheffield (ABB)

and meet all their contextual requirements, so I'm asking is would I be considered having already done my A-Levels or is a contextual offer only for predicted? Thank You
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Elation)
I achieved AAB in Maths Psychology English and A* EPQ and I am taking a gap year and reapplying (didn't realise I was eligible to virtually every uni and exceeded my math predictions) for Economics.

Im thinking of applying to: (contextual offers)
Durham (ABB)
Bristol (AAB)
Kings College London (AAB)
Manchester (AAB)
Sheffield (ABB)

and meet all their contextual requirements, so I'm asking is would I be considered having already done my A-Levels or is a contextual offer only for predicted? Thank You
Contextual offer would still apply for achieved grades.

Each Uni may have its own contextual criteria, so if you haven’t checked already, look at all of their contextual offer info pages.
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Usually Unis will consider someone on a gap year dor contextual offers - Bristol certianly does - but as above, just check with each Uni first so that you are certain.
Elation
Rep:
(Original post by Admit-One)
Contextual offer would still apply for achieved grades.

Each Uni may have its own contextual criteria, so if you haven’t checked already, look at all of their contextual offer info pages.
thank you, and yes I have checked with each uni I will be applying to. Also, would it be unrealistic to only apply to unis that I meet the contextual offers only?
Elation
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
Usually Unis will consider someone on a gap year dor contextual offers - Bristol certianly does - but as above, just check with each Uni first so that you are certain.
WIll do thanks, ill have to email Durham and KCL as they don't clearly state it but yea Bristol and Manchester clearly stated on their contextual pages
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Elation)
thank you, and yes I have checked with each uni I will be applying to. Also, would it be unrealistic to only apply to unis that I meet the contextual offers only?
No, not at all. The above selection is sensible for someone with achieved grades.
Elation
Rep:
(Original post by Admit-One)
No, not at all. The above selection is sensible for someone with achieved grades.
thank you so much. I understand economics and the unis I'm applying to are competitive so I was wondering. Hopefully I get into Durham as my 1st choice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (4)
8.33%
Okay (17)
35.42%
A bit lacking (14)
29.17%
Not good at all (13)
27.08%

Watched Threads