ariana7659
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My UCAS application was sent off last month and so I have been receiving conditional offers but I regret putting in one uni and want to change it for another that I know I want to go to but it’s been past the 2 weeks I had to substitute my choices, is there any way to change that choice by calling or do I have to wait until clearing?
The University of Law Students
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ariana7659)
My UCAS application was sent off last month and so I have been receiving conditional offers but I regret putting in one uni and want to change it for another that I know I want to go to but it’s been past the 2 weeks I had to substitute my choices, is there any way to change that choice by calling or do I have to wait until clearing?
Hi ariana7659,

Yes because its gone past the deadline to change it seems you will have to wait until clearing, but if you have decided it was your most preferred one then you could phone them on results day and check if they can offer you a place, if so then decline the other original offers you were given. That's what I did.
I hope that helps answer your query, best of luck!

Sarah- ULaw student ambassador
ariana7659
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by The University of Law Students)
Hi ariana7659,

Yes because its gone past the deadline to change it seems you will have to wait until clearing, but if you have decided it was your most preferred one then you could phone them on results day and check if they can offer you a place, if so then decline the other original offers you were given. That's what I did.
I hope that helps answer your query, best of luck!

Sarah- ULaw student ambassador
Thank you, after you applied through clearing was accommodation hard to find since by then places are full?
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
You can only change to a different course within one of the Unis - with the agreement of the Uni.

Clearing is not receomended as a tactic. Its a made scarmble. There is no way of predicting vacancies in advance and what you want may simply not be avaiable. And yes, you will be at the bottom of the heap for accom. The drop out rate from Clearing applicants is high - that should tell you its not a great way to find a Uni place,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (4)
8.33%
Okay (17)
35.42%
A bit lacking (14)
29.17%
Not good at all (13)
27.08%

Watched Threads