Not sure what to do about ucas reference

Watch
CatAdditional78
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm on a gap year and going to apply to uni. I've asked my former teacher to be my reference but she said she's currently on a sick leave and hasn't confirmed whether or not she's going to be my reference. Im not sure what to do because I don't know how long she's going to be on a sick leave for and prefer not to deal with my reference at the last minute. She was my main teacher last year but should I just ask another one although I wasn't with them as much?
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
I think for school students the reference is usually coordinated by someone else that isn't their teacher - usually a personal tutor or sometimes another teacher in charge of UCAS things. Said individual will get information from the students teachers and put together a reference based on that. Perhaps try that route of contacting your personal tutor or some kind of head of year or something at your old school?
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Contact your school - Head of 6th etc - as they will have all your records. Just email them.
That is the issue for your teacher, she doesnt have access to your school grades/reports etc to use for content.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (3)
6.52%
Okay (17)
36.96%
A bit lacking (13)
28.26%
Not good at all (13)
28.26%

Watched Threads