Keele University - What's your experience?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi to anyone who sees this, haha.

I've narrowed down my uni application to two of my favourite universities (based on the course, location and general 'feel' of the uni) and I've decided that GoldSmiths, University of London and Keele University are the best uni choices for me.

I live in London so moving away has it's pros and cons, but so does staying in London. I want to study a Psychology degree, so it'll either between Clinical Psychology (GoldSmiths) or Psychology with English Literature (Keele). Keele seems more appealing to me because I want to break up the strong acamedic and scientific demand of Psychology with something more creative... however leaving behind my dog and the fact that it's located somewhere quite rural is what worries me the most about choosing this university (I might not get the uni experience I crave that London can offer me instead).

Does anyone have any experiences with these universities and/or their courses? Any info you would like to share would be great at helping me make a decision.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read and answer x
emmalbowers
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
hey! so i haven’t actually attendee keele university but i live in the surrounding area (newcastle) and my brother in law attended for computer science! the area isn’t the best i wont lie to you and hanley and newcastle town centre are quite shabby. theres a few nightclubs if that’s what you’re looking for but we are situated a little train ride from liverpool, chester, manchester and birmingham! theres not many shops or anything.
from my brother in laws perspective, the student halls were horrific and he lasted a month in them before moving back home.
i feel like the student life wont be anywhere near the level of london
obviously take this with a grain of salt as this is only one perspective but i hope this helps!
i’ve also applied to keele
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by emmalbowers)
hey! so i haven’t actually attendee keele university but i live in the surrounding area (newcastle) and my brother in law attended for computer science! the area isn’t the best i wont lie to you and hanley and newcastle town centre are quite shabby. theres a few nightclubs if that’s what you’re looking for but we are situated a little train ride from liverpool, chester, manchester and birmingham! theres not many shops or anything.
from my brother in laws perspective, the student halls were horrific and he lasted a month in them before moving back home.
i feel like the student life wont be anywhere near the level of london
obviously take this with a grain of salt as this is only one perspective but i hope this helps!
i’ve also applied to keele
Ah- that sucks. Thanks for sharing some info anyway x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (36)
9.81%
Okay (107)
29.16%
A bit lacking (135)
36.78%
Not good at all (89)
24.25%

Watched Threads