lib
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi!!
I rlly need advice on what to do about my epq- i started in September(topic was neurodiversity- focusing on autism and adhd) but yesterday my supervisor told me it was too close to psychology course so i have to change it. idk if u should change entirely(would i still have time to complete before exams) or make a slight alteration- but i’m not sure what i could change to make it different enough from the psych course?
(i am taking psych chem and maths alevel)
Bubblegum-44
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
In our school, we just started writing our EPQ's this week, so if your new topic is similar or something you feel confident in, you should be able to get it done before exams.
Hailey629
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by lib<3)
Hi!!
I rlly need advice on what to do about my epq- i started in September(topic was neurodiversity- focusing on autism and adhd) but yesterday my supervisor told me it was too close to psychology course so i have to change it. idk if u should change entirely(would i still have time to complete before exams) or make a slight alteration- but i’m not sure what i could change to make it different enough from the psych course?
(i am taking psych chem and maths alevel)
(Original post by Bubblegum-44)
In our school, we just started writing our EPQ's this week, so if your new topic is similar or something you feel confident in, you should be able to get it done before exams.
Hi guys I’m in year 11 and could you give me some advise on your epqs I am considering taking one but my predicted grades are all grade 6(b) so adds up to a total of 6 for aps and I need a 7 to be able to take it. If I got my gcse results and they were higher so would give me an aps of 7 and above would my school allow me to take it after results day? I’ve been told by others to do it on something linked to the career you want to go in like an area ur interested in if that helps.
Bubblegum-44
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hailey629)
Hi guys I’m in year 11 and could you give me some advise on your epqs I am considering taking one but my predicted grades are all grade 6(b) so adds up to a total of 6 for aps and I need a 7 to be able to take it. If I got my gcse results and they were higher so would give me an aps of 7 and above would my school allow me to take it after results day? I’ve been told by others to do it on something linked to the career you want to go in like an area ur interested in if that helps.
Most schools let you change your A-level options/additional qualifications up till a month after school started. The deadline for option changes varies from school to school, but if you talk to your head of year, there shouldn't be any problems that stop you from doing an EPQ. In terms of topic, it is probably best to pick a toipc that is linked to the career you want to go into, because some uni's give reduced offers, and its a great thing to talk about in interveiws for further education/apprenticeships. Try and combine that with something you are genuinely passionate about though, because its a time consuming process, so if you dont like your topic, you'll get bored of it.
Wibble04
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bubblegum-44)
Most schools let you change your A-level options/additional qualifications up till a month after school started. The deadline for option changes varies from school to school, but if you talk to your head of year, there shouldn't be any problems that stop you from doing an EPQ. In terms of topic, it is probably best to pick a toipc that is linked to the career you want to go into, because some uni's give reduced offers, and its a great thing to talk about in interveiws for further education/apprenticeships. Try and combine that with something you are genuinely passionate about though, because its a time consuming process, so if you dont like your topic, you'll get bored of it.
Also just make sure that it doesn't overlap with any of your A-Level specs. It doesn't matter if it links with Year 1 or Year 2, just don't do it!! I think my teacher said at the start of last year to me when I was doing mine that you can get disqualified or something like that for picking something that overlaps.
Hailey629
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I’ve heard that u cannot pick a topic from your a levels and I don’t do a level law or anything so I think criminal law should be fine I will double check with teachers and like something based on criminals or prisons
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (5)
5.15%
October 2021 (51)
52.58%
November 2021 (9)
9.28%
December 2021 (14)
14.43%
January 2021 (10)
10.31%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (5)
5.15%