Should I go to university offer holder days?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I am applying to university and have received one or 2 offers back and they have invited me to an offer holder day. I was wondering if these days would be worth it (I have not been to every open day of the universities I am applying for) or if they would just be like the open days again. Most of them are in January and February so not near exam times for me but they would still take up potentially the weekend to attend. (Btw I have not received an offer from UCL/ applied there but I cannot change to forum to general university applications - apologies!)
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes you should take every opportunity to find out more and visit the university you might be spending the next 3+ years at.
ashvinsingh
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am applying to university and have received one or 2 offers back and they have invited me to an offer holder day. I was wondering if these days would be worth it (I have not been to every open day of the universities I am applying for) or if they would just be like the open days again. Most of them are in January and February so not near exam times for me but they would still take up potentially the weekend to attend. (Btw I have not received an offer from UCL/ applied there but I cannot change to forum to general university applications - apologies!)
Definitely go to them. You’re gonna be spending atleast 3 years at the university you should atleast see it before going. Also offer holder days are more specific to your course than open days and gives you a good chance to ask questions
De Montfort University
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, Anonymous1, how are you?

In my opinion, I would definitely recommend attending an Offer Holder Day!

An Offer Holder Day goes into a lot more detail than a typical Open Day, because at this point in the application cycle, the university knows that you are seriously considering choosing them to study with. So, they want to give you as much insight into what it would be like studying there as possible!

It’s also important that you have a good look around the university and the facilities that it offers, so that you can be sure that they are going to meet your educational needs.

But most importantly, you want to know that you are going to be happy at the university you choose, and feel comfortable there. An Offer Holder Day helps you establish this by giving you the opportunity to take part in seminars and workshops, so that you can get a good idea of the way they work.

Good luck with the rest of your applications!

Konnie, postgraduate Creative Writing student 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (24)
10.13%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (7)
2.95%
Finding the time to revise (15)
6.33%
Finding the motivation (65)
27.43%
Getting distracted (44)
18.57%
Procrastination (79)
33.33%
Having the tools you need (1)
0.42%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
0.84%

Watched Threads