The Student Room Group

LPC LLM International student

Hello there everyone,

I am an international student who have completed a LLB from a UK university. I'm planning to to do the LPC LLM in September 2022 at Nottingham Trent or at De montfort Leicester. I have been promised a Training Contract from a good friend of my parents who owns a high street firm in London, which I will be completing during my post study work visa.
What is the possibility of securing a job after completing the TC to get a tier 2 sponsorship? (Doesn't have to be a law firm)

Thank you.
This is throwing up so many red flags I'm not even sure where to begin. But a couple of points:

Unless you have the training contract in writing and signed, you do not have a training contract.

It is very likely the you will not be able to complete your TC during the post study work visa unless everything lines up completely perfectly. One day off here or there throws your whole plan in the bin.

Your odds of getting a job with visa sponsorship after training at a high street firm are zero. Unless the firm you're training at is willing to give you a visa and keep you on, you'll be out on your ass once your visa expires.

This whole plan is poorly conceived and you might want to sit down and rethink your options.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending