Do I Just need a pass for my first year at uni?

Watch
WeWillAllSucceed
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi guys, so I'm basically about to finish my first semester and I haven't got the best grades. In one module I got 63% and in the other, I got 40%. I still need to receive the grade for my third module. A lot of people told me that the first year does not matter and I only need to get a pass is that true? I'm worried because I had high standards for my grades and I currently also have group works as my last assignments and my group are not good so we will most likely only target 40% in those assignments too.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by WeWillAllSucceed)
Hi guys, so I'm basically about to finish my first semester and I haven't got the best grades. In one module I got 63% and in the other, I got 40%. I still need to receive the grade for my third module. A lot of people told me that the first year does not matter and I only need to get a pass is that true? I'm worried because I had high standards for my grades and I currently also have group works as my last assignments and my group are not good so we will most likely only target 40% in those assignments too.
Most unis don't count first year but some do. You need to check your degree regulations.
ashvinsingh
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Most degrees don’t count your 1st year as long as you pass, some degrees have core competencies that you have to get 100% in though. Depends on your course have a look at your degree specification
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hi! WeWillAllSucceed

Most unis don't count your first year and all you have to do is pass, which is 40%. Do double check this though with your uni.
If you feel like you want to improve your assignment work then now is the best time. Go and speak to your tutor or academic support team. They can be really helpful and guide you in the right direction while offering some great tips.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
yeah you just need to pass that 63% could compinsate your 3rd module if you just miss that 40% too so you'll probably be ok.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.62%
Okay (106)
29.12%
A bit lacking (135)
37.09%
Not good at all (88)
24.18%

Watched Threads