When is the best time to apply for accomodation?

Watch
ah6100tsr
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
After you've been accepted or after you've applied for Uni? What about if you're currently a 1st/2nd/3rd year student?
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ah6100tsr)
After you've been accepted or after you've applied for Uni? What about if you're currently a 1st/2nd/3rd year student?
Different universities have different procedures.
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ah6100tsr)
The best time to apply for your first-year accommodation is when the applications open. This gives you the best opportunity to put down your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices to guarantee the accommodation you really want.
For your second and third year, usually in the first semester is probably an ideal time to look for accommodation. A lot of the 'good' places are taken at this time and leaving it later and later can make it difficult to find somewhere. However, saying this, some of my friends have been about to find accommodation later on in the year - depends on you and luck really.
It's definitely best to ask around and see what your options are. I suggest not jumping to the first option you see in case somewhere better comes along.
Again, different universities may have different procedures so it's best to clarify with the unis you're interested in to see what their policy is.

I hope this is insightful.

Veronica
Student Ambassador
Last edited by Coventry University Student Ambassadors; 2 weeks ago
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi there,

I applied for my first-year accommodation 3 months before I started university. So, I can not pick the best location. I was kicking myself for not making my decision sooner. So around 7 months before the next contract started, I began my research and set up room viewings in February. I discovered the most affordable option, and they frequently offer early bird discounts. My recommendation is to make a reservation as soon as possible.

Kylie Ng, Student Ambassador
MSc International Marketing Management
Coventry University
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (36)
9.81%
Okay (107)
29.16%
A bit lacking (135)
36.78%
Not good at all (89)
24.25%

Watched Threads