A- Level Biology Question on Enzymes

Watch
Fish2526
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am revising but I have no idea how to apply the knowledge to this question. This is the link for the question https://ibb.co/H7ZZt03
Please can someone help?
macpatgh-Sheldon
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Good morning Pisces! [sorry! ]

I think it is best if you first assume that your answer to part iii) is "substrate conc-n", yeah?

i) You draw a line that starts same point [origin] then rises slower with increasing values of x [conc-n] [why?] and then levels out at the same level as the given line [Why?]

ii) A line as above rising slower again but levelling out at a lower y value [Why?]

iv) Your job to work out from above.

Be safe!
M.

If stuck, Sheldon is here!
Fish2526
Rep:
(Original post by macpatgh-Sheldon)
Good morning Pisces! [sorry! ]

I think it is best if you first assume that your answer to part iii) is "substrate conc-n", yeah?

i) You draw a line that starts same point [origin] then rises slower with increasing values of x [conc-n] [why?] and then levels out at the same level as the given line [Why?]

ii) A line as above rising slower again but levelling out at a lower y value [Why?]

iv) Your job to work out from above.

Be safe!
M.

If stuck, Sheldon is here!
Thank you so much! I am so grateful. Would it be like this?
Attached files
macpatgh-Sheldon
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fish2526)
Thank you so much! I am so grateful. Would it be like this?
Z is correct [except that the transition from the slowly increasing bit to the horizontal bit should be more gentle/curved RATHER THAN angular.

Technically, Y should level out higher [so after continuing the first rising bit to just about the level of the given graph.

It is no good just drawing the right lines - have an attempt at explaining why these graphs [Y and Z] [will] look like they do.

OTHERWISE:
When u r faced c another DIFFERENT Q, you will struggle again!
Fish2526
Rep:
(Original post by macpatgh-Sheldon)
Z is correct [except that the transition from the slowly increasing bit to the horizontal bit should be more gentle/curved RATHER THAN angular.

Technically, Y should level out higher [so after continuing the first rising bit to just about the level of the given graph.

It is no good just drawing the right lines - have an attempt at explaining why these graphs [Y and Z] [will] look like they do.

OTHERWISE:
When u r faced c another DIFFERENT Q, you will struggle again!
That is perfect! Thanks so much. I understand it now. I have a test next week so hopefully if something like this comes up I will know how to approach it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (39)
22.81%
Note taking apps (5)
2.92%
Flashcards (31)
18.13%
Revision guides (5)
2.92%
Past papers (85)
49.71%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
3.51%

Watched Threads