KatieMcF
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could advice me on which a levels to pick

I am definitely sure I want to do geography but im not sure what a good combination would be that would include geography and perhaps English language ??

I currently do GCSE art and I love it! but im not sure if taking it for an a level is wasteful as im not entirely sure what career path I want to go down

I was thinking about doing geography, English language and art as my 3 options, but I worry that they aren't a very good combination and im not sure what I would be able to do with them after a levels ??

I was considering science the other day, but I feel as if im not good enough as in my year 10 mocks I got a 6 in biology, 7 in chemistry and 6 in physics.
but I just got my second biology mock back and got an 8 ? so im really not sure if id struggle or not

any advice would be appreciated !!
ashvinsingh
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by KatieMcF)

I am definitely sure I want to do geography but im not sure what a good combination would be that would include geography and perhaps English language ??

I currently do GCSE art and I love it! but im not sure if taking it for an a level is wasteful as im not entirely sure what career path I want to go down

I was thinking about doing geography, English language and art as my 3 options, but I worry that they aren't a very good combination and im not sure what I would be able to do with them after a levels ??

I was considering science the other day, but I feel as if im not good enough as in my year 10 mocks I got a 6 in biology, 7 in chemistry and 6 in physics.
but I just got my second biology mock back and got an 8 ? so im really not sure if id struggle or not

Most degrees don’t require specific a levels. Pick subjects you enjoy as they become easier to revise, I wouldn’t recommend the 3 you’re considering together as they are all coursework based and so may be overwhelming in year 12.
KatieMcF
Rep:
(Original post by ashvinsingh)
Most degrees don’t require specific a levels. Pick subjects you enjoy as they become easier to revise, I wouldn’t recommend the 3 you’re considering together as they are all coursework based and so may be overwhelming in year 12.
thank you!! what combination would you say is good that contains geography and not maths ?
ashvinsingh
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
thank you!! what combination would you say is good that contains geography and not maths ?
Look on unifrog or prospects, look at careers you’d find interesting and see what options are needed for that.
Grofu
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I would pick what you love, because you’re more likely to put in the work and enjoy yourself!! I started doing sciences because I thought they were a “good combination”, but by the time I got to the end of my first term of lower 6th I had swapped to history and politics instead of chemistry and maths (I kept biology as a third) because I was spending so much time working on stuff I thought was the right choice not the one I enjoyed and good at!!
KatieMcF
Rep:
(Original post by Grofu)
Hi, I would pick what you love, because you’re more likely to put in the work and enjoy yourself!! I started doing sciences because I thought they were a “good combination”, but by the time I got to the end of my first term of lower 6th I had swapped to history and politics instead of chemistry and maths (I kept biology as a third) because I was spending so much time working on stuff I thought was the right choice not the one I enjoyed and good at!!
thankyou ! ill keep that in mind
sototo
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 day ago

economics and geography go really well together ! why not english language, geography and economics? you could maybe start with art as well and drop whichever you like least. However, geography biology and economics or geography biology and english language would be good combinations, keep a lot of options open and if you want to do something there’s no such thing as not good enough if you work hard enough
wittybanta
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 day ago
I definitely agree with what people are saying in regards to choosing subjects you enjoy. I chose maths, chemistry and physics because i wanted to go into dentistry, even though i didn’t like any of those subjects. Being in year 13 now i regret my choices and wish i had done subjects i had enjoyed. The problem is because i don’t like my subjects it’s really difficult to find motivation to revise especially as i don’t want to go into dentistry, or anything medical related. I know a lot of people who took geography and really enjoyed it, same with art. Honestly if its any help, i would definitely go with those options, i know people who took art and maths or English and maths. As long as you enjoy it, it doesn’t matter.
Last edited by wittybanta; 1 day ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (137)
33.74%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.35%
No (110)
27.09%
I'm not sure (52)
12.81%

Watched Threads