Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, I'm like really scared because I’ve not had my period in 4 months now and i’m 100% not pregnant because im not sexually actively or anything like that but im scared im infertile or something? My period is normally irregular by like 1/2 months sometime but NEVER this long and apparently that’s a symptom of not being able to get pregnant. Im not trying to think the worst but I’ll be so upset if that is the case. Has any one missed their period for this long? The doctors aren’t open on a Sunday so I’ll have to call tomorrow but my overthinking is really getting to me and I want to call them now
Rujeena Ali
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, I'm like really scared because I’ve not had my period in 4 months now and i’m 100% not pregnant because im not sexually actively or anything like that but im scared im infertile or something? My period is normally irregular by like 1/2 months sometime but NEVER this long and apparently that’s a symptom of not being able to get pregnant. Im not trying to think the worst but I’ll be so upset if that is the case. Has any one missed their period for this long? The doctors aren’t open on a Sunday so I’ll have to call tomorrow but my overthinking is really getting to me and I want to call them now
Hi lovely, this is LITERALLY what is happening to me right now! I’m like almost 5-6 weeks late, never ever usually that late, took lot of pregnancy tests which were all negative so I’m super confused too! There is probably absolutely nothing to worry about as sometimes our bodies just do strange things, this has happened to me before in the past but for your own clarity and peace of mind, I would make an appointment to see your doctor, it can’t hurt it’ll reassure you too! Hope that helps x
greyedlavender
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi OP, losing your period for more than 3 months is called Amenorrhea, and there are several underlying causes. Most often the causes are due to lifestyle changes and factors, or generally, excessive stress. For example, excessive exercise, restrictive diet, extreme anxiety and a physical illness. Sometimes it can also be because of drug or alcohol abuse. Losing your period in this way is, quite intriguingly, an instinctual reaction to the stressor, in which your reproductive system and your brain cooperate and go, 'hang on, we are not in a safe situation to reproduce and raise a child' and therefore your body stops releasing eggs. I wouldn't worry unless it is as a result of extreme weight loss/ restrictive dieting or you generally feel unwell as well as losing your period. However, your period is a good indicator for your overall wellbeing so I would not rule out seeing a GP!
N.B I am not a medical professional but I did suffer with amenorrhea (for 2 years) myself. Xx
Last edited by greyedlavender; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (22)
9.91%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (7)
3.15%
Finding the time to revise (15)
6.76%
Finding the motivation (62)
27.93%
Getting distracted (37)
16.67%
Procrastination (77)
34.68%
Having the tools you need (1)
0.45%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.45%

Watched Threads