Life after year 11 is bad or you just peak in hs?

Watch
TTAva2000
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Im liek 3 months into year 11 and honestly secondary's been the worst for me. I got bullied for half of it and it left me with an awful repuation so nobody liked me. Its been the wrost 4 years of my life and I've been looking forward to leaving since year 7 for sixth form. But so many p eople say it gets worse or harder and that secondary is the best time of their lives. That is so much more fun bla bla bla. Leaving secondary is the only thing that jeeps me going but hearing all this makes me feel as if living is pointless. Is there any hope I can expect a better future after y11?
heart2you
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by TTAva2000)
Im liek 3 months into year 11 and honestly secondary's been the worst for me. I got bullied for half of it and it left me with an awful repuation so nobody liked me. Its been the wrost 4 years of my life and I've been looking forward to leaving since year 7 for sixth form. But so many p eople say it gets worse or harder and that secondary is the best time of their lives. That is so much more fun bla bla bla. Leaving secondary is the only thing that jeeps me going but hearing all this makes me feel as if living is pointless. Is there any hope I can expect a better future after y11?
well if you're going to 6th form and/or uni then work gets harder but I don't think life gets harder. You might have less free time, regarding work, when you're doing your A levels/at uni compared to year 7-10 and you'll have more responsibilities but yeah life doesn't get worse
username4522078
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Only criminally lame people think secondary school is the best time of their lives. Don't worry about it. It doesn't get worse, life gets better.
HelloHello143
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TTAva2000)
I moved cities at the end of year 9, so I had to join a new hs for yr 10 and 11...didnt make any friends and spent those horrible 2 years alone

I was also hearing the same things which made me so sad and anxious, I pretty much gave up and ended up picking a random sixth form on results day thinking there's no point I won't make friends anyway

I ended up joining a small group of friends and I got particularly close to 2 of them, 1 who I'm still in close contact with and 1 who I've 99% lost contact with thanks to covid and quaratine even tho were were the closest at first (but all 3 of us are meeting up next week lol)...theyre both in the first year of uni and I'm still in college lol

most people in sixth form have groups of 3-6 friends who are doing same or similar classes as them and u will all have at least 1 subject in common, my friend group was doing a mix bio/chem or social studies... so u will naturally make friends with people in the same courses...i swapped and changed courses a lot during my first 3 months in sixth form so don't worry about courses either,u can always change if that class is not for u, for example i took maths for like 2 weeks and didnt speak to a single person in that class but it was fine cuz I changed to bio where I spoke to 1 person (better than none)

For people like us who didn't have good high school experiences, sixth form and uni ends up being the best...the only reason people speak down on it is cuz the work is so hard but they're focussing on the academic side, not the social side so don't be disheartened
Last edited by HelloHello143; 1 month ago
ah6100tsr
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I peaked in Year 7. Now in Year 13, life after HS does get worse, but it won't break you. I was desperate to leave High School, luckily the first lockdown came about so we left early. The only reason Sixth Form is shite for me is that I'm lonely. It's more stressful work-wise, but you have more free time as a result.
Last edited by ah6100tsr; 1 month ago
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
My life improved exponentially after I got out of the dump
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Personally, primary and high school were the worst - sixth form and university were much much better
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I feel like i peaked in year 13 tbh. It just went down hill from there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (12)
6%
October 2021 (97)
48.5%
November 2021 (20)
10%
December 2021 (30)
15%
January 2021 (16)
8%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (20)
10%