CV Help

Watch this thread
Fernsy
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
So I got a 7 in English Literature and a 5 English Language on my CV can I put like an average of both? or do I have to put my English Language. At the moment I put all 3, so maths, english language and literature.

Options
- English: 7 (just put my English literature grade, as a vague way of putting it)
- English: 6 (Average of the 2 grades)
- English Language: 5
- English Literature: 7 (and leave out english language)
- Carry on putting both
Last edited by Fernsy; 5 months ago
username4522078
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
For mine to save time I just put 'x number of GCSEs at grade C or above including English and Maths' and I've never had any issues.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Fernsy)
So I got a 7 in English Literature and a 5 English Language on my CV can I put like an average of both? or do I have to put my English Language. At the moment I put all 3, so maths, english language and literature.

Options
- English: 7 (just put my English literature grade, as a vague way of putting it)
- English: 6 (Average of the 2 grades)
- English Language: 5
- English Literature: 7 (and leave out english language)
- Carry on putting both
You don't list GCSEs on a CV. Just put the total number and 'including English (7) and Maths (X)' . That's all employers care about, except for the rare occasion where you've got some exotic GCSE that is directly relevant.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (0)
0%
The paper was reasonable (0)
0%
Not feeling great about that exam... (0)
0%
It was TERRIBLE (0)
0%

Watched Threads