georgiac2
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,
I’m a year 13 studying history, biology and English lit subjects which I adore and while I do mainly I have been struggling recently as we have just had our first set of mocks and even though I don’t have my grades back I feel they didn’t go too well (but then again you can’t judge a-level mocks) but I’ve been to speak to my teachers and they haven’t been all that helpful, the work keeps piling up and its getting really overwhelming. My grade overall aren’t all that good and I’m worried that I’ll struggle in the future with getting a job with the grade I have and I do have high aspirations and work so hard it never seems to pay off. It is severely frustrating to do all this work and get little advice plus 2 NEA’s and then teachers think their subject is more important and it’s getting too much and I’m hoping I’m not the only year 13 who feels this way, everyone talks about the jump between year 11 to 12 but not enough about the year 12 to 13 jump which is way steeper and due to this I have the burning desire to at the end of summer next year pack my things up and move to the US or Australia and see where life takes me - while this may be reckless I think of it and it feels like a breath of fresh air. However, I’m then stuck with the fact that I may be able to live my dream of pursuing the art of acting (providing I get into one of my top 4 or 5 schools.) and that makes me excited to live in London for three years and then move country after. I’m just curious if anyone else has lost the joy of their subjects due to a-levels, I love learning but a-levels make it so hard sometimes.
khartmann
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by georgiac2)
Hi,
I’m a year 13 studying history, biology and English lit subjects which I adore and while I do mainly I have been struggling recently as we have just had our first set of mocks and even though I don’t have my grades back I feel they didn’t go too well (but then again you can’t judge a-level mocks) but I’ve been to speak to my teachers and they haven’t been all that helpful, the work keeps piling up and its getting really overwhelming. My grade overall aren’t all that good and I’m worried that I’ll struggle in the future with getting a job with the grade I have and I do have high aspirations and work so hard it never seems to pay off. It is severely frustrating to do all this work and get little advice plus 2 NEA’s and then teachers think their subject is more important and it’s getting too much and I’m hoping I’m not the only year 13 who feels this way, everyone talks about the jump between year 11 to 12 but not enough about the year 12 to 13 jump which is way steeper and due to this I have the burning desire to at the end of summer next year pack my things up and move to the US or Australia and see where life takes me - while this may be reckless I think of it and it feels like a breath of fresh air. However, I’m then stuck with the fact that I may be able to live my dream of pursuing the art of acting (providing I get into one of my top 4 or 5 schools.) and that makes me excited to live in London for three years and then move country after. I’m just curious if anyone else has lost the joy of their subjects due to a-levels, I love learning but a-levels make it so hard sometimes.
Hey, I'm in Y13 as well and I know exactly what you mean. It feels like everything is all piling up at once from all different subjects; by the time you finish one thing theres 4 more added to the list. I think in terms of worrying about your grades you have to remember that you have a long way to go still with revision and learning for the real ones; mocks just help you see where your weak and strong areas are so that you can focus on them particularly when it comes to the real exams. Please don't worry about the future and that far ahead; it might not seem like it but everything will work out even if its completely different to what you expect! I know its daunting (I'm the sort of person who likes to have everything ever planned so not knowing is scaryyyy!!) but I just tell myself what is right for me will happen, it just might not be what I expect! I definitely have found that my subjects have become more tedious and I tend to zone out a lot more which makes it more difficult as I then have to catch up on those as well as everything else! I just try to think about anything good I have planned when I get overwhelmed and take it day by day and week by week, and every day is one closer to finishing A Levels and being able to move onto the next exciting step! If you have anything planned at all outside of academics then look forward to that, and remember to have a break once in a while! A night off, a refresh and a good nights sleep does the world of good. Idk if this helps at all but thats what I tell myself! Here if u ever want to chat
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (2)
8.7%
Okay (6)
26.09%
A bit lacking (7)
30.43%
Not good at all (8)
34.78%

Watched Threads