d6woon
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
im applying for maths and economics and predicted ABB, i'm applying to:Leeds - AAACity, Uni of London - ABBSurrey - ABBAston - BBCwould you say this is a good selection?
ashvinsingh
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by d6woon)
im applying for maths and economics and predicted ABB, i'm applying to:Leeds - AAACity, Uni of London - ABBSurrey - ABBAston - BBCwould you say this is a good selection?
For Leeds are you eligible for access 2 Leeds scheme? That could lower the requirements
d6woon
Rep:
(Original post by ashvinsingh)
For Leeds are you eligible for access 2 Leeds scheme? That could lower the requirements
nope
ashvinsingh
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
nope
Oh ok, your options seem good only put leeds as your firm if you get AAA/ maybe AAB in mocks and try very hard tho. Guessing Aston is your insurance
Fruity Girl
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Have you got a fifth choice ?
d6woon
Rep:
(Original post by Fruity Girl)
Have you got a fifth choice ?
liverpool
d6woon
Rep:
Oh ok, your options seem good only put leeds as your firm if you get AAA/ maybe AAB in mocks and try very hard tho. Guessing Aston is your insurance
alrightt, ngl i'm hoping to get A*A*B/A in mocks but we'll see,, and tbf i havent thought about insurance and firm, should i be concerned with that yet?
ashvinsingh
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
alrightt, ngl i'm hoping to get A*A*B/A in mocks but we'll see,, and tbf i havent thought about insurance and firm, should i be concerned with that yet?
Not really, when your offers come in then you choose but you’ve got ages to choose. But I’d recommend having a look at the courses or going to open fays
skylark2
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
One a bit higher than you expect to get, two at your predictions, one a bit lower... looks fine to me. Always assuming that they are for courses you want to do and in places that you are happy to live.

Don't worry about firm and insurance - you make that decision once you have all your offers/rejections. It's many, many years since people had to put their universities in preference order when they applied.
d6woon
Rep:
Not really, when your offers come in then you choose but you’ve got ages to choose. But I’d recommend having a look at the courses or going to open fays
yeahh ive already looked at the course structure, i just need to get to know the vibe more i guess,, thanks for the advice!!
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Those look like 4 realistic, well judged choices.
Another ABB choice would be good -
Liverpool - https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/study/un...hons/overview/
RHUL - https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/stud...d-mathematics/
Sussex - https://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/under...-economics-bsc
Strathclyde - https://www.strath.ac.uk/courses/und...icsstatistics/
Reading - https://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-s...ment-year.aspx
d6woon
Rep:
glad to hear ive made the right choices! and thank you for the extra options
d6woon
Rep:
(Original post by skylark2)
One a bit higher than you expect to get, two at your predictions, one a bit lower... looks fine to me. Always assuming that they are for courses you want to do and in places that you are happy to live.

Don't worry about firm and insurance - you make that decision once you have all your offers/rejections. It's many, many years since people had to put their universities in preference order when they applied.
yup that was what i was going for! and yes i had a feeling i didnt have to choose just yet but thank you for the reassurance!
Fruity Girl
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
No not yet !
Joecooke7
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I study Maths and Economics at Uni of Nottingham and have found the course fascinating so far; there is a wide range of modules to choose from in second and third year and a brilliant support network in the first. The course here also offers you the chance to spend a semester abroad or a year in industry, although not compulsory. I would definitely advise checking the course page out on the University website as I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience so far.
Good luck with your application!
booklover1313
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Since you are aiming for much higher grades than your predicteds, have you considered doing a gap year and applying with your grades? There would be many more great unis open to you if you had A*A*A
flamingolover
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I would say that’s a good selection. You’ve got an aspiration uni, realistic ones and then an insurance (lower grades) one so it’s a good spread.
d6woon
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by booklover1313)
Since you are aiming for much higher grades than your predicteds, have you considered doing a gap year and applying with your grades? There would be many more great unis open to you if you had A*A*A
do you think that would be a good alternative? i've thought about it but i'm not sure how to bring it up with my parents,, if i decide that a gap year would be better for me after my application is sent off, would that be okay or would that complicate things?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (33)
9.82%
Okay (98)
29.17%
A bit lacking (122)
36.31%
Not good at all (83)
24.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed