GCSE Exams May Half Term Holiday

Watch
tomrawlinson01
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,
My family has booked to go away on holiday during the may half term of 2022 which is unfortunately when I have to sit my GCSE's. I am very worried about revision for my exams and have tried to explain the situation to them that it's a bad idea to go away however they don't really understand and say it will be good to have a break and have still booked to go away and I don't really know what to do. I find it hard to revise at the best of times so I don't know what I am going to do.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

riannak
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
it really isn't a good idea AT ALL to go on holiday right befoe gcses. tell your family to rebook the holiday for a different time (maybe summer?) or that they can go without you
i get that they want to have fun and go on holiday, but it would be so much better if they waited until after you finish your exams
tomrawlinson01
Rep:
(Original post by riannak)
it really isn't a good idea AT ALL to go on holiday right befoe gcses. tell your family to rebook the holiday for a different time (maybe summer?) or that they can go without you
i get that they want to have fun and go on holiday, but it would be so much better if they waited until after you finish your exams
Hi
I should probably point out that all of my extended family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc… are all going as well it’s like a really big family gathering thing) so no one to stay at home with and not very easy to change the dates to the summer unfortunately. I was also told my my friend that the exams finished before the may half term so didn’t realise it was right in the middle of them until a few days ago when I found out it went onto the other side of the half term as well. I’m still really torn on what to do, if I can do anything at all.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by tomrawlinson01)
Hi
I should probably point out that all of my extended family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc… are all going as well it’s like a really big family gathering thing) so no one to stay at home with and not very easy to change the dates to the summer unfortunately. I was also told my my friend that the exams finished before the may half term so didn’t realise it was right in the middle of them until a few days ago when I found out it went onto the other side of the half term as well. I’m still really torn on what to do, if I can do anything at all.
The GCSE timetable has been available- why didn't you check with school? Exams have NEVER finished before May half-term.
riannak
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by tomrawlinson01)
Hi
would it not be possible for you to stay at home by yourself?
tomrawlinson01
Rep:
(Original post by riannak)
would it not be possible for you to stay at home by yourself?
Unfortunately not my parents wouldn't ever let me do that - I even had to go into school during the lockdown as a child of a key worker.
Last edited by tomrawlinson01; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (29)
9.73%
Okay (90)
30.2%
A bit lacking (107)
35.91%
Not good at all (72)
24.16%

Watched Threads