Is a week long enough to write a 2500 word essay?

Watch
san_cisco
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
With at least 3 drafts?

*write (title)
Last edited by san_cisco; 2 weeks ago
tinyperson
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
tell us more
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by san_cisco)
With at least 3 drafts?

*write (title)
Easily
ROTL94
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
That's more than long enough. Should only take 2 days if you dedicate a day to research.
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I think that's the standard time given for Oxbridge students to write an essay of that length for their weekly tutorial so evidently it's enough for at least some people!

It probably mostly depends on your background for the topic and what reading you have (or haven't) already done for it. If you have to read a lot of primary and secondary literature before you can even start writing it might be a harder task, if you already have read the material and have a bibliography more or less laid out then you just need to actually write which is certainly possible.

Of course the longer you spend on TSR the less time you have for writing and researching
san_cisco
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by threeportdrift)
Easily
ok I'm used to writing them in about two days and scraping by with a 2:1 but I want to do good this year so
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
ok I'm used to writing them in about two days and scraping by with a 2:1 but I want to do good this year so
So get on with it then!
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
With at least 3 drafts?

*write (title)
Why do you need to do at least 3 drafts?
Anholm
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
With at least 3 drafts?

*write (title)
You could write 2500 words in an hour. They question is, what quality would you like it to be? Providing you are an efficient worker, do thorough research and complete several drafts, a week is plenty of time.
gjd800
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
6 hours work
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (33)
9.82%
Okay (98)
29.17%
A bit lacking (122)
36.31%
Not good at all (83)
24.7%

Watched Threads