How many friends did u/ do u have in sixth form

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
More than high school or less, and did/ do u prefer sixth form to high school
Htx_x346
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
I have around 15 best friends. We text every day or at least make the effort to see each other (but we're busy people so this doesn't always happen). If I consider someone a good friend I'd text them everyday lol...I never leave my friends alone.

This is definitely more than I had in secondary school, where I only had around 7 close friends.

Friends come and go. Don't compare numbers with other people and feel bad about yourself. The number of friends you have does not say anything about you as a person. Popularity doesn't mean anything.
Last edited by Htx_x346; 2 weeks ago
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Htx_x346)
I have around 15 best friends. We text everyday or at least make the effort to see each other (but we're busy people so this doesn't always happen). If I consider someone a good friend I'd text them everyday lol...I never leave my friends alone.

This is definitely more than I had in secondary school, where I only had around 7 best friends.

Friends come and go. Don't compare numbers with other people and feel bad about yourself. The number of friends you have does not say anything about you as a person. Popularity doesn't mean anything.
:confused:
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
Not any close friends.
Htx_x346
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
:confused:
I mean my friendship group is 7 people if that explains anything, and I've known them all for a long time and I love them to pieces.
What's confusing? And why are you anon lol
Last edited by Htx_x346; 2 weeks ago
ReviseSleeping
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I mean I have about 3 friends from secondary school now, but I had more when I left. I’m in college now, and I have 4 solid friends, most of whom I talk to daily. But the amount of friends doesn’t mean that much to me, it’s the quality of my friends which means more.

And yes, I 100% prefer college to secondary school. I hated secondary school, and I feel going to college was what I needed. I’m a lot more confident now and it’s what I needed!
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Quite a few, though not super close ones. I was popular enough to get invited to quite a few parties (with the alternative crowd though, not the popular kids).
3ggfriedrice
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by black tea)
Quite a few, though not super close ones. I was popular enough to get invited to quite a few parties (with the alternative crowd though, not the popular kids).
I dislike the social divide, who else? It’s annoying knowing there are the popular people and then the alternative/‘normal’ people, like when did this even happen?
0ptics
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
More than high school or less, and did/ do u prefer sixth form to high school
The same as high school; none. Regardless, I still prefer sixth form over high school.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 weeks ago
Literally 0
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 3ggfriedrice)
I dislike the social divide, who else? It’s annoying knowing there are the popular people and then the alternative/‘normal’ people, like when did this even happen?
By "alternative", I mean the subculture so a divide was always going to be inevitable because we were into very different things to the other crowd. "Popular" wasn't the right term to refer to that crowd really, because the alternative crowd also had both popular and unpopular kids. I think subcultures are always going to be around because people are into different things and they are not a bad thing necessarily.
ah6100tsr
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
High School - Had many friends, only a few were close.

Sixth Form - Made absolutely no friends in Year 12, this year seems to be the same. It's been difficult, especially as my expectations were high (social-wise), now I've just accepted it. I have two friends (from High School, we're at the same Sixth Form), but I'm annoyed at them for not hanging out with me, zero effort. It's only a short 2 years so people won't be interested in making new friends, sad reality, there are a few who do though. From observation, girls are more likely to develop friendships.

Just hope things get better at Uni, even if my social anxiety tries to ruin things. I don't feel wanted at all here.
Last edited by ah6100tsr; 2 weeks ago
squuiip
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I used to have a far bigger group than I do now during my GCSE years, which was fun. I definitely prefer sixth form however.

As for Sixth Form, I've got maybe 4/5 close friends. Just how it goes I suppose.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.59%
Okay (113)
29.27%
A bit lacking (145)
37.56%
Not good at all (91)
23.58%

Watched Threads