changing A-levels 3 months into the year

Watch
gruumpybearr
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
thinking of swapping french for the likes of fashion and textiles... if my college will let me.
Last edited by gruumpybearr; 1 week ago
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Its entirely up to your school, but you have missed months of the other course and they may just say No.
Honey57
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
My college let us change before Christmas and if you failed AS mocks then you would done an easy alevel like photography, sociology or film and media studies in a year instead of the alevel exam you failed in.
Awetodon
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
I also wanted to do that with swapping physics to politics too (in this month). I asked my head of sixth form and she said she’d look into it. However, I eventually decided to just stick with dropping physics and having three a-levels.
This may be no help but the fact that my head of sixth form said she’d look into it (even the head of politics was okay for me to do it), might bring you some comfort.
Maybe you could get the head of fashion and textiles, or whoever, to see that you’re willing to dedicate your time on the subject, and make them back you up before you ask to change subjects.
Good luck.
Last edited by Awetodon; 3 days ago
WorkOfGod
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
There's a lot to catch up on. Maybe continue French (or drop it if you really don't like it) and do fashion and textiles as AS next year?
miishhh
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 day ago
Ye u can but ur gon have to be ready to handle all the work u missed on so yh
beckwithlara
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 day ago
On the first day I switched from btec psychology to alevel psychology. Then I'm the first month switched from psychology to business. After the second month dropped business so was down to law, Criminology and English and just this week after three months I've switched sixth forms to a closer one to home. Anything is possible talk to your teachers see what they say worst case they say no and you have to make another plan whether that be dropping the subject or keeping it. Whatever you decide you do what you need to.
gruumpybearr
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 hours ago
Yea basically it was leaning towards a no. I didn't really explain my situation though, don't you think taking on an art subject would be easier since theres like no 'learning' as such but more doing your own independent stuff?? tbh I might try and ask again and explain more because my anxiety has been pretty rough since I started sixth form and the amount of discussion and talking we do has just put me off, not to mention the actual speaking exams. At this point i would be happy to spend the whole of christmas break working away on art just so I can get up to speed on a new subject. unfortunately i cant drop it because im already only doing three. it is safe to say i have indeed screwed myself over </3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (137)
33.74%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.35%
No (110)
27.09%
I'm not sure (52)
12.81%

Watched Threads