Stefania/o
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hello, I'd like to apply as a private candidate for the a level and sit my exam next year so that i can start applying for university around November 2022.
do you guys know when the application deadline is for a level
so i can sit the exam next year around june or even September. thanks
KMaisey
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Stefania/o)
hello, I'd like to apply as a private candidate for the a level and sit my exam next year so that i can start applying for university around November 2022.
do you guys know when the application deadline is for a level
so i can sit the exam next year around june or even September. thanks
I sat A-level Chemistry this year, I enrolled on an online 'course' and they organised the booking. They got in touch in December about booking the exams at a private exam centre, and the deadline for it was at the very beginning of February.
Stefania/o
Rep:
(Original post by KMaisey)
I sat A-level Chemistry this year, I enrolled on an online 'course' and they organised the booking. They got in touch in December about booking the exams at a private exam centre, and the deadline for it was at the very beginning of February.
thanks for the quick response, I've tried doing my own research and i also think that the deadline for the june 2022 exam is February 15.
i know it seems absurd to try doing 2 gcse and 3 a level as a private in Just one year, but for once i want to try my best and put my faith in my hands!
do you have any a level/ gcse online course to recommend? I'm studying by myself but I'd prefer if someone else took care of the examination application.
KMaisey
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
thanks for the quick response, I've tried doing my own research and i also think that the deadline for the june 2022 exam is February 15.
i know it seems absurd to try doing 2 gcse and 3 a level as a private in Just one year, but for once i want to try my best and put my faith in my hands!
do you have any a level/ gcse online course to recommend? I'm studying by myself but I'd prefer if someone else took care of the examination application.
If you don't want the online course material then it will be much cheaper to go straight to the exam centre directly.

I used open study, it was very expensive (£1500) and the study material was pretty awful. The 'lessons' were slide shows with no titles so you had no idea what topic was in what lesson.

The £20 revision guide I purchased + the free online website chemguide were more useful. But there might be better online courses than what I did.

Best of luck with it! Sounds like you are going to be busy.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Go on the exam board website to search for centres that accept private candidates.
Stefania/o
Rep:
(Original post by KMaisey)
If you don't want the online course material then it will be much cheaper to go straight to the exam centre directly.

I used open study, it was very expensive (£1500) and the study material was pretty awful. The 'lessons' were slide shows with no titles so you had no idea what topic was in what lesson.

The £20 revision guide I purchased + the free online website chemguide were more useful. But there might be better online courses than what I did.

Best of luck with it! Sounds like you are going to be busy.
thanks!, i was looking online and saw that doing 3 a level and 2 GCSE by myself is a little too hard expetialy in a short amount of time, I'm quite confident in my maths skills so I'm thinking of doing just the 2gcse and the a level maths and next year or if by God grace i can take the other 2 a levels in November doing it later.
honestly i do have money to waste (i work a lot but don't pay bills) but at the same time all the uni i saw need at least AAB one even A*AA so i prefer not half-assing it even though I'm a little sad because i want to go to uni as soon as possible
EOData
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
UK: The entry deadline at the exam board is 21 February for the Summer season but centres will set earlier deadlines so they have time to process everything to meet the exam board deadline. In a normal year exams are only available in the Summer - don't count on there being an Autumn season because of covid. Not many online courses help with finding an exam centre so this is up to you. Look on the relevant exam board websites or try this list:https://www.jcq.org.uk/private-candidates/

Elsewhere: Different rules
Last edited by EOData; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.61%
Okay (72)
29.51%
A bit lacking (91)
37.3%
Not good at all (60)
24.59%

Watched Threads