Is Uni social life better than 6th Form in general?

Watch
ah6100tsr
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I've made no friends in 14 months here (6F), just want a realistic view as I don't wanna get too excited.
Last edited by ah6100tsr; 2 weeks ago
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
Depends on what you do. It's easier to meet a lot of people at uni but you might meet them once and never see each other again if you're in different courses and societies.
flamingolover
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ah6100tsr)
I've made no friends in 14 months here (6F), just want a realistic view as I don't wanna get too excited.
Uni is so much better. Or at least it was for me. You do have to make an effort though. So I made friends with a flatmate on the first day. I went to a party that night with her met a bunch more people. Met up with them the next day. Went to a party at the same flat the next day met more people. This spiralled as what we all call 10 day bender happened and I met lots of people found my group which grew due to studying. My uni holds lots of other social events (non-drinking) like big groups of us watching bake off, painting candle holders, quiz nights etc. There are a lot more activities and a much bigger number and range of people to meet. Or at least that was my experience.
Last edited by flamingolover; 2 weeks ago
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hi!

I found uni to be more social. You get more chances, but you have to take them. For example, the first day I moved in people in my halls were inviting people to their flat parties to meet everyone and I went and this is how I met a lot of my friends at uni. Don't be scared to not go because you don't know anyone, that's the whole idea, to meet people who also don't know anyone.
I found joining a society the best thing to do while at uni. It gave me the chance to try something new while meeting people that weren't on my course or lived in my halls.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
In short so much better yes.
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hi there,

I hope you're well

I always say, University is definitely a 'what you make of it' experience - so if you put in the effort to make new friends / go out and make the effort with others, they will of course make the effort with you. I think it also helps that there's such a wide variety of people that go to University, so there will definitely be people that you click with. Additionally, if you join societies that you have an interest in, you'll natrually meet people that you're more likely to click with and gain good relationships through

Best of luck to you!

Ana
University of Liverpool Rep.
Kingston University
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hello there

Sometimes stuff like making friends doesn't always happen straight away in the first year. Every year I've met new people and friends. I would recommend you to try to get yourself into some societies that interest you and see if they're doing any events. That is a great way to meet new people.

And just talk to people! It is very possible that many other people are feeling like you, so you can always reach out and start a conversation with anyone you see sitting by themselves.

I am sure things will start getting better!
Best wishes
Andrea
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
most likely isn’t going to change
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
10.05%
Okay (107)
29.08%
A bit lacking (135)
36.68%
Not good at all (89)
24.18%

Watched Threads