Daniel Edu
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Am a young boy,18 years of age.Am an SHS graduate with no job always at home doing nothing.So I kindly need your help to travel overseas and get a better job to cater for my family.
G112
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
Look into work visas from your country to the country you want to work in. Find out if you need to secure a job before you move, and look into the sort of work you are allowed to get.
SHS = senior high school? If you are a high school graduate that is a good start, though it will only let you get entry level jobs since you don't have a degree. This isn't a bad thing though - there are plenty of entry level jobs that you can get that can turn out into a great job, particularly as you work there longer and get promoted.
Once you have found some jobs you are interested in, you can apply. You might have a pretty tedious job at first though, and not a lot of money to cater for your family.

Some tips:
- make sure to know exactly what you may or may not do on the visa you get. Also how long you may stay.
- any work experience you can get in your country would be good.
- learn how to write a good CV. You can find good information on the internet
- make sure you are proficient in the language. A certificate to show your language proficiency might be useful e.g. IELTS
- Don't expect too much. Like I said before, with just a high school diploma, the jobs will be tedious and the pay won't be great. After a few more years, they pay might get better, or with experience you will be able to apply for higher-paying jobs. Just be prepared.

Wishing you luck!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.61%
Okay (112)
29.09%
A bit lacking (145)
37.66%
Not good at all (91)
23.64%

Watched Threads