The Student Room Group

ISC's Getting Into Medical School

I was wondering if there is any difference between the 1250 Qs one and the newer edition with 1300 Qs? They changed the name from UKCAT to UCAT and from how I interpreted it they just added in 50 more questions, but did anything else change?
I have the older one because I got it cheap. I doubt there's much difference, certainly nothing that's going to make or break our offer chances. I'm just using it to stimulate my own thoughts about the topics and to practise thinking on my feet and I imagine any question bank would be OK for that.
I also asked this question on this forum, but they didn't give me a clear answer. It does not affect the training so much. I'm thinking of going to a med school next year, but I read an article about the requirements on https://www.trinityschoolofmedicine.org/blog/is-research-required-for-medical-school, and now I'm scared because I don't have any research experience. If I have a GPA, they won't take me to a medical school anyway if I don't have research experience? Or this rule that I read in the article does not apply to all medical schools. If someone can give me a clear answer, then I would be glad, thanks in advance.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by mellissas
I also asked this question on this forum, but they didn't give me a clear answer. It does not affect the training so much. I'm thinking of going to a med school next year, but I read an article about the requirements on https://www.trinityschoolofmedicine.org/blog/is-research-required-for-medical-school, and now I'm scared because I don't have any research experience. If I have a GPA, they won't take me to a medical school anyway if I don't have research experience? Or this rule that I read in the article does not apply to all medical schools. If someone can give me a clear answer, then I would be glad, thanks in advance.

This is a UK-based forum and users here are unlikely to know much about medicine admissions in the USA, as it the process is so different. I would try a US forum or subreddit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending