Ouiiiiiiii
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hi
so, I'm in S6 and I chose Adv maths, adv h biology, higher music, higher health and food technology.
I found a job and I wanted to do full time but I can't with all this in school, so stressful. I went to speak w the career advisor and she told me that they might be able to make me only do 3 subjects but it's still a lot to go on full time.
I told them that I might drop out. I already have Higher biology, chemistry, physics, maths and nat5english from S5. the thing is that I don't know what I want to do at uni and some ask for 5 highers. do you think I'm able to do only one subject. I'm doing adv higher maths online so that way I would be able to have a full time job as I can study it anytime I want to.
I'm 18 in 2 days and my mom's kicking me out from home so I'll most probably have to leave and I'll go to another city so doing 1 online subject would be fine as I would travel back just to do the exam or any test
I'm just not sure if it's even possible to do only this adv higher maths online ..
BlackLab
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Our school normally would not allow anyone to continue to attend school and not do the minimum timetable (4 subjects in S6), we are not allowed to leave school even if we have study periods all afternoon. We have to be on the premises.

Your situation is quite unique so only your school will be able to tell you what is acceptable to them. They might not even allow you to continue to be enrolled if you are moving far outside catchment.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (136)
33.66%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.49%
No (109)
26.98%
I'm not sure (52)
12.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise