The things I need to do are stressing me out to the point where I am mentally ill

Watch
Zackary12345
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
The things I need to do are stressing me out so much to the point where my depressive mood swings and negative thoughts return. How do I structure my life in a way that prevents this from happening?

Could anyone help me, please?
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Making a list of all the things you need to do would be a good starting point, then prioritise which ones are more important and therefore need to be completed first. Breaking things down into bite size chunks makes them more manageable and less overwhelming as well. I find that sticking to a routine really helps my mental health - having a structured day means I don't spend time ruminating on thoughts, and I can always switch up the order so if I don't feel able to complete one task at a particular time, I can try another instead. Just being able to tick something off a list can make you feel as though you've achieved something. But likewise, others don't do well with structure and prefer to pick and choose what they fancy doing at any given time - structure may put too much pressure on them.

It's about finding what works best for you, and remembering that even brushing your teeth or taking the bins out can be considered a small success.
Last edited by bones-mccoy; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (21)
8.75%
Okay (69)
28.75%
A bit lacking (90)
37.5%
Not good at all (60)
25%

Watched Threads