phoebe44445
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have just been rejected from exeter uni pre interview. I have straight 8's at gcse, predicted A*A*A and have music grades and am doing an epq, furthermore my UCAT was 2950. I dont know what more i could have even done, does anyone know why i may have been rejected?
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by phoebe44445)
I have just been rejected from exeter uni pre interview. I have straight 8's at gcse, predicted A*A*A and have music grades and am doing an epq, furthermore my UCAT was 2950. I dont know what more i could have even done, does anyone know why i may have been rejected?
Was this for Medicine?

In all honesty anyone answering here would just be guessing. Ordinarily if your academics were solid then it would be your personal statement. But for Med the assessment is a bit more complex.

I’d request feedback from them if they provide it.
phoebe44445
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by jsteward14)
Exeter have a weird system for selecting for interview. They put you in bands based off your predicted grades. Only achieved A*A*A* can go to band 1. so, if you are in year 12, then you are already at a disadvantage. with A*A*A you would have been put in band 3. They prioritise applicants in the higher bands regardless of ucat score. your ucat is really good, top 6% or so. unfortunately Exeter will prioritise those with their A level grades, just based off their selection process. I applied to exeter last year with a similar situation and didn't get an interview. With a score of 2950 I'm sure you will get other interviews.
tysm this is very helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (10)
10.99%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
1.1%
Finding the time to revise (7)
7.69%
Finding the motivation (22)
24.18%
Getting distracted (14)
15.38%
Procrastination (36)
39.56%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.1%

Watched Threads