failing all my subjects

Watch
Taetae16
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I really really need some study tips, I'm currently failing chemistry and biology at a level. We just had our mocks and the results are absolutely horrible. I really don't know what to do. I'm trying my best but I am still getting really really bad results. does anyone have any tips that will help me in the next couple of months?

L-K
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Taetae16)
I really really need some study tips, I'm currently failing chemistry and biology at a level. We just had our mocks and the results are absolutely horrible. I really don't know what to do. I'm trying my best but I am still getting really really bad results. does anyone have any tips that will help me in the next couple of months?
A level is a huge step up from GCSE. It can be a huge shock for students as those that didn't work hard at GCSE and did well find that they have very few study skills needed for a level and those who did work hard previously realise that they need to put in a lot of extra effort to maintain high grades.
Generally I've found from teaching biology that if the same about of effort is maintained 7s at GCSE become Ds at A level.
Have you used Seneca Learning? It's great for helping memorise facts, then do lots of exam qs and if you're doing AQA then some practice synoptic essays too.
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Watch videos for the things you don't understand and then try blurting but always practice questions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (28)
9.56%
Okay (86)
29.35%
A bit lacking (107)
36.52%
Not good at all (72)
24.57%

Watched Threads