_Robyn_
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Today I did paper 1 of language and i thought I did alright. For q5 I wrote a description. The picture was of a bench on a street. So I wrote about a homeless guy feeling lonely etc. I finished it and was actually proud of myself as I can never really write descriptions. But once the exam had finished apparently I had to write about how a game had gone wrong? I must've missed that sentence in the question. Would I still get marks even thought i wrote something that wasn't even about the question?
Zainab29
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by _Robyn_)
Today I did paper 1 of language and i thought I did alright. For q5 I wrote a description. The picture was of a bench on a street. So I wrote about a homeless guy feeling lonely etc. I finished it and was actually proud of myself as I can never really write descriptions. But once the exam had finished apparently I had to write about how a game had gone wrong? I must've missed that sentence in the question. Would I still get marks even thought i wrote something that wasn't even about the question?
first thing is that you cant do anything now the exam is over and it is you job to focus on the next thing
secondly you will still get marks for what you have written
remember in Q5 you get marks or your spag/ language technique and then for what you wrote
put it to the back of your mind now and learn from it beacuse no amount of stressing will change your mock results but you can make sure you dont do this in the real exam.

also in q5 you get two options what to write, one is a description of a picture and one is a story or something so for all you know you could have written the right thing
coolusername_03
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
This is only a mockk as you said! Chin up, you just gotta know where you went wrong and not do it in the real thing!
_Robyn_
Rep:
Ye thx for the advice guys. But did I actually write it wrong? Was I supposed to write about a game?
Vulae
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Ye thx for the advice guys. But did I actually write it wrong? Was I supposed to write about a game?
what was the question about?
username5490676
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I did the same mock as you and weren't there two options? You could either write a description about the street or a story about the game that went wrong. If it's the same for you, then you would still get marks as you answered the description question
_Robyn_
Rep:
(Original post by Ahana R)
I did the same mock as you and weren't there two options? You could either write a description about the street or a story about the game that went wrong. If it's the same for you, then you would still get marks as you answered the description question
Ye that's the question! I couldn't remember it. I wrote the description about the street so phew ty! Also when I read a game gone wrong part did anyone else think about squid game lmao
lol_notme
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ahana R)
hii i have my english language paper 1 tomorrow and well if u could help by telling me the questions i will pray for u if we have the same mocks i will actually cry
lol_notme
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Ye that's the question! I couldn't remember it. I wrote the description about the street so phew ty! Also when I read a game gone wrong part did anyone else think about squid game lmao
HAA omg literally you could of written about that thoo
sabihaa06
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
i have my english language p2 exam next week, and im scared cause this paper is much harder than p1
lol_notme
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by sabihaa06)
i have my english language p2 exam next week, and im scared cause this paper is much harder than p1
i know right im so scared. what questions did u get in paper 1 ??
sabihaa06
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
i am not doing paper 1 for these set of mocks, I did p1 in y10 and we had the 2019 paper about the crysanthemums (some kind of flower lol). for these mocks we are doing macbeth, acc, and lang p2.
lol_notme
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
i am not doing paper 1 for these set of mocks, I did p1 in y10 and we had the 2019 paper about the crysanthemums (some kind of flower lol). for these mocks we are doing macbeth, acc, and lang p2.
ohh okay then good luck
sabihaa06
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
for p1, the picture I had in y10 was of some busy market, i did the descrition question as somehow i find it easier
crazy_diamond
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
i finished my mocks last week and im so scared to get my results haha
sabihaa06
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
ah what papers did you have?
akishab
Report 1 week ago
i think you usually get two choices for q5??? in my mock i could either do a desc of a picture of a gate or a story about being lost and we're allowed to do whichever. u should be alright as lomg as u wrote one or the other and its only a mock so dont worry too much its smth to learn from
crazy_diamond
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
ah what papers did you have?
2020 papers
sabihaa06
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
were they easy? how do you think you did, i have my exam on monday and english language p2 is my first and I have a feeling they will use the 2020 papers.
crazy_diamond
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
were they easy? how do you think you did, i have my exam on monday and english language p2 is my first and I have a feeling they will use the 2020 papers.
the language ones were actually good. I think you'll be fine as long as you time it properly. My teacher also told us to do q5 on lang paper 1 first because it might be easier to get it out of the way. Good luck with your mocks >:O
Last edited by crazy_diamond; 2 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (13)
9.15%
Okay (42)
29.58%
A bit lacking (50)
35.21%
Not good at all (37)
26.06%

Watched Threads