4000 word essay structure

Watch
AlduinTheHunter
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi!
I currently have a 4000 word essay to write and I'm struggling with the structure, is there a certain amount of words for the introduction, per paragraph and the conclusion that you would recommend. Anything would be extremely helpful.

Thank you!!

ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
How many points do you have to discuss?
AlduinTheHunter
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
How many points do you have to discuss?
Maybe about 6, but they could be broken down into sub points
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AlduinTheHunter)
Maybe about 6, but they could be broken down into sub points
So if you say about 600 words per point, then that'll take you to 3,600 words, may also be wise to leave space in that 600 words for refs then that'd give you 200 words each for intro and conclusion, that's how I'd do it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (28)
9.59%
Okay (86)
29.45%
A bit lacking (106)
36.3%
Not good at all (72)
24.66%

Watched Threads