Poll: What method of revision helps most?
Mindmaps (2)
50%
Sketch notes (0)
0%
Lists (0)
0%
Rewriting notes (0)
0%
Repeatedly Reading aloud (1)
25%
Past papers (1)
25%
Teachers help (0)
0%
XxAlizaxX
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi everyone!

How are you all?

My name is Aliza and I’m in 6th year.

I am currently studying:
Higher Psychology
Higher English
Higher Modern Studies
National 5 Applications of Math

I am looking for any notes, study techniques/materials for the above subjects, if you guys do any of these subjects or have done them in the past and have something to help, please post on here, it would be highly appreciated!

Thanking you 💜
Last edited by XxAlizaxX; 1 week ago
franklyfruity
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 days ago
hey! I'm Frankie, I sat Higher English last year. can I ask which texts you're studying? I'll see if any of my notes align with the books you're working on
BlackLab
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
Hi, I'm S6 too. The only one of your subjects I did last year was higher english.

Folio - You have probably written most of this by now, what is it about?

RUAE - Practice lots of past papers and read the marking instructions carefully to see what they are looking for. I also found the How to Pass book helpful. Also read guardian/scotsman opinion pieces to get used to the style of the text as it usually comes from there or similar papers.

Critical Essay - Write a essay plan with 4 paragraphs each for setting/theme/character. Write an intro plan. Memorise them all one by one, practicing adapting to past paper questions.

Scottish Text - we did poetry, so did a grid linking themes between poems. Then just memorised the notes the teacher gave us. If you practice your RUAE it will help you with your Scottish text too.

English is hard work and time consuming, lots is memorising quotes and analysis you can regurgitate. Start your folio and essay plans early as there is lots to do. Never been so glad to drop a subject after I finished higher!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (136)
33.66%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.49%
No (109)
26.98%
I'm not sure (52)
12.87%

Watched Threads