Spaces in between personal statement paragraphs?

Watch
VOSSKi
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hi guys

my p.s right now is 50 lines with spaces in between each paragraph, and 46 if I have it as one big paragraph

some people have said it doesn't matter if you don't have spaces between each para because UCAS removes it anyway, but others have said its better to leave spaces because it makes it easier for the admissions officer to read, which is obviously a good thing

would like to have a definite opinion because I'm a bit confused

cheers
ashvinsingh
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Completely up to you, leaving spaces can help break up your personal statement but if you feel an extra 3 lines would help your personal statement more then don’t include spaces.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I’ve never read a PS that wouldn’t benefit from being made more concise and shorter.

Go through each sentence and see if you can remove one word without losing the grammar/meaning of the sentence.

(And take out anything that says stuff like “studying English A level has given me communication skills” because admissions staff know what benefit different A levels have)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (2)
10%
Okay (5)
25%
A bit lacking (6)
30%
Not good at all (7)
35%

Watched Threads