Cemn-05
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I do A-level product design and BTEC Business Studies as a year 13. I finished an AS last year (mathematics in Context) therefore leaving me with 2.5 A-levels by the end of year 13. I don't want to do a foundation year and I could use some advice.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Cemn-05)
I do A-level product design and BTEC Business Studies as a year 13. I finished an AS last year (mathematics in Context) therefore leaving me with 2.5 A-levels by the end of year 13. I don't want to do a foundation year and I could use some advice.
Where is the other A level then, to 'leave you with 2.5 A levels by the end of Year 13'? You've said you're taking 1 A level in Product design, a BTEC in business and you've done an AS level. So that's 1 A level, 1 BTEC and an AS.
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Some universities like Anglia Ruskin accepts a minimum of 2 A Levels (or equivalent).
Though it also depends on what you want to study
Cemn-05
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Where is the other A level then, to 'leave you with 2.5 A levels by the end of Year 13'? You've said you're taking 1 A level in Product design, a BTEC in business and you've done an AS level. So that's 1 A level, 1 BTEC and an AS.
The BTEC Business Studies is equivalent to an A-level as it is level 3.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
The BTEC Business Studies is equivalent to an A-level as it is level 3.
I know that - but that doesn't make it an actual A level!!

You have ONE A level, one BTEC and an AS. You do not have '2.5 A levels'. I think you're going to struggle to gain entry to a full undergraduate programmes with those qualifications, so you'd need to look at doing a foundation degree - which you've said you don't want to do.

What did you want to do - did you want to go to uni, or do something else?
ARUOfficial
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
Hello Cemn-05
I recommend you find a course you like & ask someone from that university about admissions processes and entry requirements. If you'd like to chat with someone from our admissions team the best place to do that is at our next Virtual Open Day. You can book now for this, it's on the 8th of January. Alternatively you can come to our Open Day this Saturday - if you can make it to Cambridge or Chelmsford this weekend?

Alternatively, each course page will list the entry requirements - but you'll need to have a rough idea of what you want to study before. Have you given this any thought yet? What really interests you and where would you like your career to take you?

Best wishes
Megan
#TeamARU
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (1)
7.14%
Okay (5)
35.71%
A bit lacking (5)
35.71%
Not good at all (3)
21.43%

Watched Threads