SparklePanda009
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I've taken (compulsory and not):
-maths (and am going to take further)
-english (lit and language)
-re
-triple science
-french
-latin
-business

I was wondering how good my options were? I took two languages, so thought it'd be best to take an 'easier' last one, but now I'm kind of worried about my lack of humanities
JA03
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by SparklePanda009)
-re
-triple science
-french
-latin
-business

I was wondering how good my options were? I took two languages, so thought it'd be best to take an 'easier' last one, but now I'm kind of worried about my lack of humanities
Well, you do have a humanity subject on there, which is RE. But if you are really worried then you could drop a language to do geography or history , but honestly. It is YOUR choice.
Smallix
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
you should replace your latin/re/french with geography or history.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Smallix)
you should replace your latin/re/french with geography or history.
Why?
skylark2
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
If you are worried about not having another "traditional" subject I'd suggest you drop business. Nobody will ever care whether you took it at GCSE or not, while basic language skills can be useful.
JA03
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by skylark2)
If you are worried about not having another "traditional" subject I'd suggest you drop business. Nobody will ever care whether you took it at GCSE or not, while basic language skills can be useful.
what if they want to take business at a-level? even if its not compulsory, it would give her a good boost.
harlz_chalamet
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
i think they're good subjects; however, wouldn't doing both Latin and french be hard??

anyway, other than that, i think they're good subjects
skylark2
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by JA03)
what if they want to take business at a-level? even if its not compulsory, it would give her a good boost.
You don't need business GCSE to take it at A level.
You don't need A level business to take it at degree level.
You don't need a degree in business to go into a business career.

Which doesn't make it a bad choice at any level, but does mean that if someone is concerned about possible consequences of not taking another subject, business is a completely safe one to drop.
AmIReallyHere
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Good options - if you think you can handle two languages good luck to you!
booklover1313
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by harlz_chalamet)
i think they're good subjects; however, wouldn't doing both Latin and french be hard??

anyway, other than that, i think they're good subjects
I found latin was really helpful for doing other MFLs, because it teaches you so much about grammar, and also is super interesting! I would keep both languages, drop business and pick either history or geography.
SparklePanda009
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by JA03)
Well, you do have a humanity subject on there, which is RE. But if you are really worried then you could drop a language to do geography or history , but honestly. It is YOUR choice.
The Latin i'm doing is 50% language 50% Roman civilization, if that makes much of a difference. It's not essay based, but it's certainly got some history/classics in there.
harlz_chalamet
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by booklover1313)
I found latin was really helpful for doing other MFLs, because it teaches you so much about grammar, and also is super interesting! I would keep both languages, drop business and pick either history or geography.
That's really good!!
Smallix
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
Why?
Just my suggestion!!! Just gave that because they said they had a lack of humanities... Which they do! So doing a humanity would be great!
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
The Latin i'm doing is 50% language 50% Roman civilization, if that makes much of a difference. It's not essay based, but it's certainly got some history/classics in there.
They look great to me but don't bother with FMaths - it'll take time from your other subjects. It isn't useful and you are better aiming for all 9s.
Last edited by Muttley79; 1 week ago
ashvinsingh
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
-re
-triple science
-french
-latin
-business

Pick what you enjoy. Unis don’t care if you got a 7 in sociology or a 7 in business. They care about the subjects they specify and the grades achieved, same with colleges tbh
JA03
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Just my suggestion!!! Just gave that because they said they had a lack of humanities... Which they do! So doing a humanity would be great!
RE is a humanity, Latin has some history so they've got more humanities than a lot of people
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
It's not necessary - they are doing RS anyway.
Smallix
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
It's not necessary - they are doing RS anyway.
please, why are you commenting ? Just comment on the question. If they want to ignore me, they can, I didn't say anything wrong
AmIReallyHere
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Asking for justification of advice isn't mean? You didn't say "If you are worried about your lack of humanities, you should drop... and replace it with..." you just said "You should replace it with..."

The assertiveness of your comment implied that it was definitive advice to be followed, so asking why to see why you seem to think that you're completely correct is entirely justified.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (13)
9.15%
Okay (42)
29.58%
A bit lacking (50)
35.21%
Not good at all (37)
26.06%

Watched Threads