Skin care products for acne

Watch
Niamhella123
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I’ve recently had a really bad breakout of acne. I’m not sure what products to be using as I don’t want to make it worse.
Any must have products/ingredients that I should include in my skin care routine to help acne?
Music_Lover~
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
Hi do you use cleansing products when you wash your face?

Wash your face regularly and sometimes the products that you are currently using may affect your skin.
Not all products that is meant for skin can be good for you as there is a high percentage of some products that have a lot of chemical ingredients in them.

I use mostly NuSkin and Atomy products and I have a few Dermalogica products but Atomy is the only one that has reasonable prices.
Just add UK if you search these companies as they're world wide.
I suggest you try Atomy (its based in South Korea) but it will soon be coming into the UK too.
Hope this helps!!
simzahhhhhh
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Niamhella123)
I’ve recently had a really bad breakout of acne. I’m not sure what products to be using as I don’t want to make it worse.
Any must have products/ingredients that I should include in my skin care routine to help acne?
Hi, heres some advice as i went through a bad acne breakout too.
-Wash your face with a salicylic acid cleanser, as it cleanses deep down without drying like the inkey list or cerave.
- moisturise with a light oil free moisturiser that doesnt clog pores like cerave lotion or la roche posay etc.
- wear spf whenever you go out, it prevents your scarred skin from getting worse. i recommend a light one like La Roche Posay anthelios, its a bit on the pricier side but its so worth it and lasts long.
-i figured that changing my pillow case twice a week and constantly sanitising my phone helped with my cheek breakouts.
- dont use clean and clear, nivea or any brands like that they often contain ingrediants like fragrances which irritate the skin.

i got a lot of my advice from Dr Dray shes a dermatologist on youtube, if you want in depth knowledge i recommend watching her.
hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (33)
32.35%
Yes - a trusted person (23)
22.55%
No (31)
30.39%
I'm not sure (15)
14.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed