akany:)
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
im really struggling to motivate myself to revise for my a levels, i have been doing revision just not enough. i'm honestly not sure what's happened because i was completely fine in AS

FINLAYSONA
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Hi, I may not be doing A Levels but I am studying for GCSE's. I'm perfectly qualified to discuss stress as it's basically the story of my life. I know everyone says this but deep breaths and meditate. That specifically is to deal with stress. To motivate yourself I would recommend congratulating yourself for you achievements, even the small ones - take the win.

Hope this helps.
kaorimiyazono
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
This has happened to me too but I'm at uni lol. I find that making lists of my goals for the day and using the pomodoro technique to give myself some time pressure have helped me focus more and get more work done. Also, reward yourself during the breaks between sessions but NOT but going on social media. Instead listen to a song you like, eat a snack or go on a quick walk around the house to get your blood flowing again. At the same time, make sure that you don't punish yourself for not doing as much work as you would like as the stress you add will definitely not help you focus more lol. It's ok to be tired and it's ok to stop work and do something else if you're not being productive at all. Also, make sure you get enough hours of sleep. If you're sleep devprived you won't be able to focus well anyway.

Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (29)
9.73%
Okay (90)
30.2%
A bit lacking (107)
35.91%
Not good at all (72)
24.16%

Watched Threads