Uni choices. I really need advice please help

Watch
_Loquacious_
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I did.. terribly at predicted exams (BCC). My college wants to send off UCAS applications this week with finalised predicted grades.
They said we aren't allowed to change our predicted at any costs and now I'm screwed.

I doubt this.. but is it possible to get into Russel Universities through adjustment? I want to do law but I think that's a competitive course.. especially considering the fact that I want the Russel group to be in London.
ashvinsingh
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by _Loquacious_)
I did.. terribly at predicted exams (BCC). My college wants to send off UCAS applications this week with finalised predicted grades.
They said we aren't allowed to change our predicted at any costs and now I'm screwed.

I doubt this.. but is it possible to get into Russel Universities through adjustment? I want to do law but I think that's a competitive course.. especially considering the fact that I want the Russel group to be in London.
Your options - get your results then try get a foundation course through clearing or do a gap year next year and apply during the next admissions cycle with achieved grades. But Don’t put much emphasis on Russell group, all that matters is is the course right for you, can u see urself living in that city, graduate prospects etc.
booklover1313
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago

I would also strongly consider taking a gap year and applying with your grades. Your chances of getting into a Russel Group uni with BCC predicted are quite low.
usernamechange11
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 week ago

if u dont get into a russel university, go city uni. its good for Law. up to u though
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago

Adjustment isn’t taking place in 2022.

Your best bet to get into a decent Law programme is to work hard, get decent grades, take a gap year and use the time to stock up on decent super-curriculars.

NB. Russell Group ≠ automatically a decent Law prog.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago

Adjustment isn't happening in 2022, but Clearing still will be if you do get much better grades than predicted.

But you really need to start being more realistic, doing so will help you in the long run. You won't be able to get into a Russell group uni - in London - for Law with BCC predictions. They will be looking for A*AA predictions and even then a lot of applicants with those grades will be disappointed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (5)
10%
Okay (18)
36%
A bit lacking (14)
28%
Not good at all (13)
26%

Watched Threads