FINLAYSONA
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi All,

What do you find the best way to revise is?

I think my method could do with improvement.

Please let me know.
SomeoneYouKnow34
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by FINLAYSONA)
Hi All,

What do you find the best way to revise is?

I think my method could do with improvement.

Please let me know.
I’d say it depends on the person that you are. Some people learn better through listening to the information being said to them, some people use flash cards.

What’s important to remember is that when you’re studying you must be aware that you’re studying and not be distracted.

Here’s a small list of things you can do to study:
• make a quiz on quizlet
• record your notes on any app, like WhatsApp etc, and listen to you saying the notes when you’re doing chores.
• make mind maps
• to learn paragraphs in different languages I do a technique that’s just writing out the first letter of each work and then trying to say the paragraph with only the letters as a clue. E.g the sky is blue is t s i b
Purdy7
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
Here’s some methods scientists have proven:

Active recall
Spaced repetition
Flash cards
Mind maps

Look at Ali Abdaals videos on you tube - he tells you how to use the above include prep for essay questions etc.

Others on YT are:
Unjaded jade
Holy Gabrielle
Ruby Granger

All four have or are studying degrees at university. Ali is a Dr of Medicine.

Ps other mnemonics are
Acronyms
Lyrics
Dances
Poems
Roman room method
Loci method.
Journey method.
Last edited by Purdy7; 6 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (13)
9.15%
Okay (42)
29.58%
A bit lacking (50)
35.21%
Not good at all (37)
26.06%

Watched Threads