1 month behind on law uni work

Watch
berrybee
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
HELP, i was ill for about a month and now im better i need to catch up but im doing law so theres a months worth of reading i need to get on top on. tips on how to tackle lectures, note-taking, textbook reading? like is there a strategy to catching up efficiently? module by module? week by week for each module? as week 5-9 for contract or week 5 across all modules

rn im just watching lectures and writing down notes and then skim reading the textbook after. anyone have any tips ??
Last edited by berrybee; 1 week ago
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Asking for support is the first step.

Your institution will have dedicated staff to give practical strategies with this.

Otherwise I think it is really a case of doing the minimum required to grasp the broad features (or specific features as sometimes needed) of the modules. In other words do what you need to in order to broadly meet the learning objectives and to know what you need to know, but don't kill yourself doing it. If you've been ill then you probably qualify for some degree of mitigation - make sure that the people that need to know about this do in fact know about it
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by berrybee)
HELP, i was ill for about a month and now im better i need to catch up but im doing law so theres a months worth of reading i need to get on top on. tips on how to tackle lectures, note-taking, textbook reading? like is there a strategy to catching up efficiently? module by module? week by week for each module? as week 5-9 for contract or week 5 across all modules

rn im just watching lectures and writing down notes and then skim reading the textbook after. anyone have any tips ??
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you were ill, hopefully you're feeling a lot better

I definitely agree that asking for help is also the first step - so hopefully that makes you feel some sort of accomplishment! But in terms of catching up, there really is no 'quick' way to do it. I am also a law student, and I understand how quickly it is for things to pile up. Don't forget to remind yourself that you can only do your best. Try and prioritise what subjects there are formatives / summatives approaching in, and work from there. Be strict with yourself (in terms of procrastinating!), but don't put too much pressure on yourself.

I would also let your law school know about how you're feeling, and see if they have any advice for you.

Best of luck to you,
Ana
University of Liverpool Rep.
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
You should certainly be asking for help. A month off sick is no joke. The uni should allow extensions for your written work and allow you to sit the exams in the summer. The summer exams are the resit exams for people who failed their S1 or S2 exams but in your case, it should be considered a 'first attempt'. Your personal tutor should have told you all this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (35)
9.62%
Okay (106)
29.12%
A bit lacking (135)
37.09%
Not good at all (88)
24.18%

Watched Threads