nj888
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi, I am applying for 2022 entry and I have been slightly concerned about my grades.

I am predicted 45/45 in IB, but my year group never took the iGCSE's and I ended up having mine averaged throughout my time as an iGCSE student, which brought 2 of my A's down to B's, and one C in Chinese. Thankfully, my English language grade is A* and Mathematics is an 8.

I am just concerned about my Uni choices and the weighting the place on GCSEs for my year group. I am an international student and I am applying to ICL, UCL, LSE, Kings and Durham.

Can anyone share their thoughts on this? Thanks!
McGinger
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 days ago
Check course pages for the vital GCSEs - typically Maths and English - those are the important grades.
Unis may also score your overall GCSE profile, but the weighting will be small compared to your A level predctions and PS etc.
What subject are you applying for?
nj888
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Check course pages for the vital GCSEs - typically Maths and English - those are the important grades.
Unis may also score your overall GCSE profile, but the weighting will be small compared to your A level predctions and PS etc.
What subject are you applying for?
Thanks for the response. The uni stipulated that 6 in English language and Mathematics is required -- I have an A* and an 8 respectively, so I don't think that's an issue. I am applying for Data Science, a new course in the uni.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (136)
33.66%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.49%
No (109)
26.98%
I'm not sure (52)
12.87%

Watched Threads