GP receptionists are so obnoxious and absolutely rude

Watch
meddad
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Lucifer323)
No need to defend GP receptionists. They are often rude and lack basic communication skills according to my experience.
I suggest you keep with your experience and I'll keep with mine then 😜
Lucifer323
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by meddad)
I suggest you keep with your experience and I'll keep with mine then 😜
Indeed!! Although I am not generalising often these receptionists are rude and lack basic communication skills.
meddad
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Lucifer323)
Indeed!! Although I am not generalising often these receptionists are rude and lack basic communication skills.
I have experienced many similar frustrations with other organisations. I realise i'm lucky with my GP. The phone is usually answered within 30 seconds, the reception staff are without exception cheerful, polite and helpful. They apologise if they can't give you an appointment within 24 hours.

I know, even within the same city, that most people don't experience such good service. I've often wondered if it's to do with the standards of the GP himself... it's a single GP surgery, so more like a family run business. His wife runs the administration side it, and his daughter is in the process of taking over from him as he approaches retirement.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (1)
7.69%
Okay (5)
38.46%
A bit lacking (4)
30.77%
Not good at all (3)
23.08%

Watched Threads