Excluded from University campus

Watch
Bongo Bongo
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Does anyone know of anyone being excluded from university campus for behavioural reasons? If so, is there ever a way to be allowed back on campus? Say write a letter after 6 months saying how well you are doing?

Thanks.
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
It's rare but I have herd of people being excluded for a number of reasons it would have to be pretty bad to be kicked out for behavioural reasons probably something close to criminal I herd the government can ban you from getting a colligate education if they deem you a threat to other people so that could alo be a reason if you beat the hell out f someone.
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Unis have behavioural rules and student disciplinary processes just like one would see when visiting a shop or hospital; if individuals misbehave then they will be excluded. e.g. Strathyde's. Best to read your uni's rules on whether the ban can be lifted.
martin7
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Bongo Bongo)
Does anyone know of anyone being excluded from university campus for behavioural reasons? If so, is there ever a way to be allowed back on campus? Say write a letter after 6 months saying how well you are doing?
If you're a student and have been excluded from your university's campus it would almost certainly have been done through some kind of disciplinary process. I would expect that you've received some formal notification in writing about this.

The relevant processes should be available from your university, and probably are on their web site. You might want to contact your student union for advice.

I'd be surprised if you've received a permanent ban from your university's campus without also being required to withdraw from your course. In many cases it would be difficult to study at a university without being allowed on the premises. If the ban isn't permanent, then you should have been told how long the ban is for, or at least when the ban would be reviewed and/or under what circumstances it would be lifted.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Bongo Bongo)

Thanks.
As others have said, you need to check the documentation you received which notified you of the ban. If it's unclear, then you can talk to your student union. As martin7 said, I doubt the ban is permanent if you haven't also been asked to withdraw.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (24)
9.88%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (10)
4.12%
Finding the time to revise (15)
6.17%
Finding the motivation (65)
26.75%
Getting distracted (45)
18.52%
Procrastination (81)
33.33%
Having the tools you need (1)
0.41%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
0.82%

Watched Threads